What’s So Good About Not Being A Jehovah’s Witness At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

For me many things:

the feeling of freedom like I had before I got involved - no more attending endless meetings and a public ministry I despised;..not having to be around people who didn’t give a damn about me;..not having to listen to teachings that didn’t sit well with me and feeling like an idiot wondering how I got into that mess; ..not having to be there today listening to appeals for money (which is the new normal) or have hypocrites come up to me with an envelope for somebody who never wanted to work and had the audacity to criticize ME for doing so.

Good riddance.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The freedom to come to a conclusion - any conclusion - based on logic and reason, without being hamstrung by ideology.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The time factor. My time is my own, to do with as I choose.

• minimus
    minimus

Wow👍...what thought provoking comments.

We are normal for making these expressions. However Watchtower would try to make you feel there’s something wrong with you! How dare you even think like this! Good riddance to that mentality.

• LV101
    LV101

Not dealing with the abusiveness and EVIL related to any and all aspects of that heathen cult.

• blondie
    blondie

No more religious abuse.

I read this book as I was considering leaving. While the authors do not say all religion is abuse, I didn't agree with that, but I did with the characteristics of spiritual abuse and helped me identify it in the WTS.

https://www.christianbook.com/the-subtle-power-of-spiritual-abuse/david-johnson/9780764201370/pd/201379?en=google&event=SHOP&kw=books-0-20%7C201379&p=1179710&dv=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf95QS5xoFWPtuZb1VT5gR8Y1U4UY4Hem5ljGMdJuBbfhzAiWGckHoWYaAlw4EALw_ wcB

• LV101
    LV101
    Looks like a good read and obviously money well spent. I was searching online for info about the JWs (I did call an 800 number I recalled at the convention (simple number like 1-800 WHY 1914, I think) but only heard message and never tried to call back) and couldn't really find anything helpful until H20. I'd already erased any thoughts of returning before online info but I sure appreciated the opportunity of viewing all the protestors and their signs.
  • Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

What’s So Good About Not Being A Jehovah’s Witness

Let me see...

1. Not wasting my time doing what they tell me I should be doing to survive the big A.
    2. Not feeling like I am going to die at the big A because I can't keep up.
    3. The constant feeling of regret for stupid stuff.
    4. Listening to the people at the kingdom hall bitching at my husband, and making him feel like a piece of crap because he chooses to work and support his family, instead of taking some dead-end job.
    5. Being treated like an outsider, yes there were a few congregations I attended that were heavy in cliques, and I didn't fit in.
    6. Elders constantly telling me I need to form the new personality.
    7. Being shunned - That might sound odd, but in my case, my JW relatives are nothing but an abusive, controlling, toxic aholes. It took me a long time to get past missing them, but I don't anymore. Even if the Watchtower says we won't be shunning anymore, I won't have anything to do with them. If necessary I will get a restraining order to keep them the hell away, permanently.
    8. Not being told how to raise my children.
    9. Not being told that I must shun my son because he is in the military.
    10. Not being told that I must shun my son because he smokes.
    11. Getting a blood transfusion, and saving my life.
    12. Not constantly having people tell me that my husband looks like my son, for god's sake I'm only nine months older than him.
    13. Sleeping in and doing my own thing when I want to.

I'm sure I can add more, but I don't want to make my list too long.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I’m free at last!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Guilt. It was constant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit