Watchtower’s 53 Date Failures -- Prophetic Declarations Quietly Abandoned

by FatFreek 2005 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Below is a paste of the front of my recent essay. Ask most JWs today and they'll tell you that, yes, Watchtower has made a few mistakes -- that there are a couple date failures -- 1925 -- and maybe another one they can't even remember.

Lest they forget, the following should jog their collective memories as to how egregious Watchtower has been in their obsession with date predictions (Oh, but we don't make predictions, they may tell you) over the 138 years of Watchtower history.

Len Miller

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

ooops! I fogot the link. Here it is.

Len

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Marked for reference, thanks

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

This is very good work! Thanks so much. Maybe some people can be awaken by this. Thus, Awake!. LOL.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Oooops, again. That was the wrong link.

This one should be correct. Thanks for your patience.

Len

• carla
    carla

wow! thanks

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Great job just what I was looking for

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yeah, but with the new light that says they were not appointed by CJ until 1918 or 1919, everything said by Chas Russell gets thrown under the bus (with him). Perhaps in the near future, they will overlap the things stated by The Judge into the same trash bin.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I hear what you say, Desirous, and I've heard that before. Can you source that?

There are more than 1,500 citations and quotations from the older "Zion's Watch Tower" within its modern literature since 1950. Watchtower has no qualms about using the early literature when it reinforces what it wishes to present to its readers.

Since Watchtower uses them, what's good for goose is good for the gander.

I therefore have no problem using them.

Len

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    DesirousOfChange - Yeah, but with the new light that says they were not appointed by CJ until 1918 or 1919, everything said by Chas Russell gets thrown under the bus (with him).

New light does not cancel out old light, it just adds to it. How? Today's new light, that replaces yesterday's old light, will be replaced by tomorrow's new light which then relegates today's new light to the old light of yesterday.

Give the governing body enough time and enough overlapping members and it will all start again. Soon, very soon, in 'the new last days', after the 2,000th memorial of Christ's death, a new generation of governing bodies members will declare, with no mention of 1914, that:

"When the 'faithful and discreet slave' [insert scripture here] was appointed in 1919 [insert scripture here] 'the slave' immediately came under attack from Babylon the Great [insert scripture here] and the wild beast of Revelation [insert scripture here]. This marked the start of the modern 70 years of captivity [insert scripture here]. In 1989 jehovah's people declared [insert some random quote from 1989 watchtower here] thus recognizing their captivity had ended [insert scripture here]. Evidently jehovah's blessing was upon his people [insert scripture here] as the preaching work moved ahead with zeal [insert scripture here]. Like the faithful Israelites that returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the city [insert scripture here] so too did jehovah's people embark on a worldwide building program [insert scripture here]. Jesus prophesied that 'the last days' [insert scripture here] would be 'just like the days of Noah' [insert scripture here] when he built the Ark [insert scripture here]. Are we not happy brother's that the Great Time Keeper [insert scripture here] has revealed to us what must 'shortly take place' [insert scripture here]. As one united people we look forward to what future plans jehovah might reveal to his followers as we move towards the conclusion of this wicked system of things [insert scripture here]."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit