Rosemont Cemetery II

by RolRod 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• waton
    waton

It is called wt "memorial tombs" compare that to the ancient egyptians, their booby trapped giant pyramids, layered sarcopath, mummy preservations. King tut. around here, cremation is now the preferred "enterrement" heating, polluting the atmosphere, depriving the soil of nutrients. getting the inconvenient past out of the way ASAP. metoo. ha ha.

• neat blue dog
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMASMORE:

Yes, it’s true there is no loyalty to anybody there.

I always wondered if any of those people there you describe who are up in years think getting sent packing will never happen to them.. I do not envy anybody who is dependent on the JW religion for their room and board nowadays. Their situation sounds very precarious!

These people may also figure Armageddon or them passing away will solve the problem. But, when you think about it, being ‘kicked to the curb’ at that age would be a nightmare. What, if any, relatives would be left to take somebody in? This would be so cruel.

• scary21
    scary21

Yes Blue Dog, why are they calling him Chas ? I would like to know. Is it to disguise who is really buried there ?

Seems very strange. He is always went by Charles Taze Russell..

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think the original had ‘CHAS’, so at least they copied it directly

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Chas is short for Charles, but that's an informal thing, like calling Robert 'Bob.' I don't recall the WTS ever referring to Russell that way, so it's odd that they wouldn't formalize it, unless it was some weird last request.

• JeffT
    JeffT

In the 19th century it was common practice to shorten first names on documents (or apparently headstones). "Chas" would have been understood to be short for Charles. "Jos" was short for Joseph, "Wm" for William etc.

http://genealogyintime.com/dictionaries/list-of-first-name-abbreviations.html

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

WAY LESS CREEPY AF than that NIGHTMARISH PYRAMID! 😬

Sidebar Point=> Since the pyramid was taken down, will WT have it erected somewhere at Warwitch for an exhibit--in addition to their old NEON SIGN which used to be over one of the Brooklyn buildings? Just. Curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit