I yelled at dubs today ( again )

by kairos 38 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good point Chook if its good enough for Jesus its good enough for any of us.

Would the money changers rationalize they had the "truth" for being persecuted by Jesus ?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A cart used to be a rarity near me but now they seem to be everywhere.

I make a habit of asking questions that are not doctrinal but will result in them having to research the answer and hopefully outside their own website.

I love the immune system question. Why were we given something we would only ever need if we were denied access to the tree of life.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think the best way to challenge JWs when you have the opportunity is first of all to be aggressive.

Then ask them to show you proof from their bible (since they are bible students and read it every day) of these 3 basic teachings.

1. Show me proof of a 1st century Governing Body.

2. Show me how you see the year 1914 as an important year and identified in the bible.

3. Show me proof that there are overlapping generations.

Since NONE will be able to do this, and at best they will have to do backbends to even find something that might have some distant relation to it, it may get them to think.

Then you close with:

"Your entire religion hangs on these 3 basic beliefs, and you a bible student of X years cant find them in the bible? The only thing you can do is find a WT article that explains them for you?
    Don't you think that's sad?"

• tiki
    tiki

I don't see any way that sort of heckling can be productive...all it does is reinforce in them their persecution complex....

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

It’s a good thing you did to awaken them.

Whenever I encounter a JW, by all means I try to have a peaceful conversation with them. Any angry or louder tone would make them think that we are angry apostate sinners.

They think they have the Holy Spirit, which makes them behave politely. We should overrule that politeness with our calmness, and reasonable questions. I learned this from Randy’site sometime.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I use the approach I do as "an interested but clueless" member of the public speaking on the spur of the moment so as not to arouse suspicions that I am an apostate and as such now know more about their religion as an exjw than they ever will while still in.

The internet was my gateway to freedom and hopefully will be theirs too, but first you have to get them there.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dude, talk to them, sure.

But don't raise your voice.

That just fuels the persecution complex.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Hmmm... i wonder if you would stil lfeel guilty had you walked accross the street and had a conversation with them...? You said you knew them. Maybe you feel guilty because you yelled accross the street, hit and run style.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

FYI in my comment I MEANT to say NON AGGRESSIVE.

I think spellcheck changed it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Kairos is going through a divorce from the woman he still loves who only half believes this cult but has chosen it instead of him. I think that would make me want to shout at cultists peddling this nonsense in the streets. I'm not saying I would give into the urge to shout at them but I can see where you're coming from Kairos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit