Twilight and other banned media

by purrpurr 12 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Thanks to online media of movies and books I've recently been watching the twilight series. issues of quality aside I enjoyed it enough. I mostly wanted to see what the fuss was about and have the fun of seeing a movie that was banned from the platform when it came out.

I've also been watching the hunger games(loved it) and the divergent series.

Any recommendations of further banned movies and books?

P's. Team Jacob, Edward Cullen is an abusive asshole

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

The wife and I enjoy "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" series on Netflix. The offshoot show "Angel" isn't too bad either.

My wife also just got done watching the entire "Harry Potter" series of movies. It's something she has always wanted to do but felt guilty doing it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Who says the hunger games are banned? I know a regular pioneer who post excitedly about the series on Facebook.
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr
    Hunger games, a story about a televised fight to the death by children? Seriously you think?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Reading Harry Potter was the first unwitnessy thing I ever did. I read them to my kids and would recommend anyone else do the same. I realized it's not a celebration of evil, it's good vs. evil in a creative way.

Purrpurr I was really, really into the twilight books and didn't consider them naughty. The books are still kind of juvenile but way better than the movies. And I was team Edward and don't see where you are coming from.

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    The hunger games isn't banned by witnesses and neither is lord of the rings, but Harry Potter and twilight are. Isn't that silly!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I watched and read all the fantasy and sci-fi I wanted growing up.

I didn't care much if JW loyalists disapproved.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey Wolfie, back when Harry Potter came out my Dad was getting a little concerned about his adult children going to these movies. I was around 38 years old when the first one came out.

I looked at him and said "Dad, it's a movie. It isn't real."

He seemed to relax a bit after that.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Watch "The Giver" with a JW and check out the awkwardness as they notice the similarities between the Utopian society and WT.
  • LeeT
    LeeT

Is The Village banned?
    Given the parallels between the village and the borg I think it's a good film to sneak on any witness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IretteYxt2c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit