Are JW Celebrities Getting paid to say they are JW?

by Luther bertrand 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This morning on TV they were saying that Jarule is 10 years old today. Then I was thinking, ''WTF, Jarule, 10 years old??''

But then, they said on TV it's February 29th, and Jarule was born on Feb 29,1976, he is a leap year Birthday person. It was then that they said on TV ''that Jarule was raised as a JW and he found it hard not to celebrate Birthdays, Xmas, Thanksgivings and Halloween''. It was kind of a surreal moment, even with no one else in the house at when I was watching that, awkward moment.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's funny prior to 1975 there were many celebrities, athletes, professional folks,

today they have Prince. They need star power....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Luther bertrand - "Are JW celebrities getting paid to say they are JW?"

Nobody could get paid enough to say something like that.

Only someone who'd say it for free (i.e. an actual JW) would say it at all.

:smirk:

• sparky1
    sparky1

Forget PRINCE! Bring back a real mans man to represent Jehovah's 'Celebrity' Witnesses. Where is Mickey Spillane when you need him!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It seems so weird to hear on TV or whatever that 'so and so' celebrity is a JW, hard to describe.
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

The Williams sisters are not baptized so nobody can really influence them as to what they do or say.

Michael Jackson was kicked out as a JW.

Prince does what he wants.

You really don't know the Witnesses if you think members of the Governing body would pay them. Its laughable. They can't stomach even the most minor of JW celebrities.

No offense. But sometimes some of the things put forward on this site are so crazy that it makes ex-JW's seem crazy. Sometimes people need to think hard before they post.

• Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand
    Mad Irishman not too long ago I would have answered just like you. But after all the stuff that I have learned about the organization by looking at primary sources and documents... nothing shock me about the organization anymore.
  • bafh
    bafh

It's my understanding that the Williams sisters were never baptized, so there isn't anything for them to be condemned about. Michael Jackson eventually disassociated himself in the late 80s/early 90s.

As far as Prince goes, he was "in" - my mom went to a concert he gave soon after his baptism, and he started "preaching" from the stage. Perhaps his faith has, like many people, "weakened" aka he's come to his senses.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I often think that such people like Michael Jackson and Prince somehow stigmatize the Borg, in some of the ''over-righteous'' one's eyes that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit