Going To The Meetings To Give A Witness

by Brokeback Watchtower 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    e trick

I've been tossing around the idea of perhaps going to a meeting in the future just to check things out I'm in no hurry this could happen months or years from now. I would like to give them a witness about some of the problems I see as a newly interested person checking things out. Maybe just hanging back after coming to the meeting late and casually talking with people as a non pushy interested in what going on after some internet search led me to JW.org. Be friendly and nonjudgemental. I don't want to let on I'm a XJW just interesting in seeing what their meetings are all about. In the process ask them about their claims of being the only true religion, and ask question about why did god choose them in a friendly inquisitive manner, Ask about their end of the world predictions, and perhaps lastly are they aware that their corporate head quarters is paying huge amount of lawsuits and how they are dealing with this crisis in the religion?

The whole trick is to remain calm, friendly, nonargumentive, listen like your are just a friendly observer looking for answers to some questions of concern you have about the WT corporation. I don't know if I can pull it off, it may take some real preparation to remain all composed and shit,, I'm a terrible actor, I need to brush up on some acting course or something, do like they would in Hollywood/Bollywood .

• sir82
    sir82

Unless you are an accomplished actor, most JWs will sniff out that you are an "apostate" after just a comment or two about sensitive issues like "end of world predictions" and "corporate headquarters paying out huge amounts in lawsuits" and "crisis in the religion".

Within minutes you'll have 2 or 3 of the most physically imposing elders herding you to either the "back room" or more likely out the door.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Wow, that would take some balls!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Tried something similar many years back. I think that the smell of cigarettes, my shoulder length hair and the mini skirted bosomy lady alongside might have given the game away.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Maybe you can ask them about these two similarities with the Pharisees:

John 9: 22 These words spoke his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

The bible tells us to confess Jesus as LORD... But, the watchtower society says we are to come to them for salvation.. They are just like the jews, the jews put people out of the synagogue for confessing Jesus as LORD, and the watchtower society disfellowships those that call upon Jesus and confess him alone as LORD..

Do not listen to false teachers.. Who are like the Pharisees, the bible says they close the way to heaven so people cannot get there.. - Matthew 23:13

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Ask why they claim that since the early 20th century, the way to heaven has been closed?

• zeb
    zeb

The second you reveal any form of questioning of the 'party-line' you will be marked and people will know not to talk to you.

Sir82 has it in one. Please use your time to do some recreational reading, a hobby or the gym perhaps.

• Giordano
    Giordano

How about this......... by-pass the congregation because you really can't be a JW who is labeled an apostate in short order and convince members of the congregation that you are right and they are wrong. They have to wake up for themselves.

Instead contact various groups both religious and community orientated to hold a question and answer discussion on what Jehovah's Wittiness's really believe. They have a right to know who is knocking on their doors.

Here is my reply with a discussion group I was asked to talk to.

"Yes I would be willing to talk with your group about the reality of being a Jehovah’s Witness.

This is a high control religion bordering on, or in some circles, is considered being a cult that believes in shunning...... even shunning family members for life....... many reasons that a court of law would dismiss immediately.

The JW's along with other high control religions have a difficulty in separating sins from crimes.....Which leads to a lack of care for the victim and a miscarriage of justice. So even Pedophiles can be excused from punishment when the JW Elder's refuse to contact the proper authorities.

They are also reckless with medical information which leads to needless deaths such as their stance against a life saving blood transfusion which causes the unnecessary death of 1000’s of JW’s each and every year. On a personal note we have lost my sister and my wife's mother well before their time to this belief.

They also teach that Billions will die at Armageddon who have been unresponsive to the claim that the JW's are the only religion that has the 'truth'.

I was a member from the age of 13 to 23........... then my wife and I exited.

I spend two to three hours... just about every day....trying to help people...... on line...... who want to leave. This is done through an ex JW Forum where everyone has their own password protected name. This is necessary because the JW hierarchy has watchers who look for clues as to who these ‘mentally diseased apostate's’ are (their words not mind).

Yes I would be willing to talk with your group about the reality of being a Jehovah’s Witness.

It is very important to know who wants to enter your home and share a message that could turn into a life or death decision".

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

All though the scenario sounds good, it would be an act of futility. You walk into a room of 100 active Witnesses trying to get them to question their beliefs, they will double down on stupid to keep up with appearance. The best reverse-witness is to speak to them one-on-one or when they are at your door in the ministry.

Never make a statement. Always ask a question. Often they will say "I will have to ask my elders about that," or "You can find out about that on JW.org." To which you can reply, again with a question, "Being this is a central belief held by your religion, a religion you have dedicated your life to, don't you think you should be able to answer the question?"

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Thanks for all the replies. I may never do it but if I do it would be something like above, just not in the mood at present. But I sometimes like to plan how to be the most effective if I ever do. Being that the WT is loosing ground so fast I'd like to put a couple of nails in their coffin.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can ask questions, but pick them carefully and make sure they will be effective without outing you as Satan's minion.

You can't supply answers they don't want to hear, so know when to keep your trap shut.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit