Preaching the "good news"

by truth doubter 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Landy
    Landy
    You don't mean this Berwick do you?

That's the one - he was stood outside the Ponden Mill shop.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    feel about Matt.24:14?

I'm not sure that I understand your question

When I left the Witnesses at first I felt that they are fulfilling Matt 24:14 and they are the only ones doing this work, which left me feeling bad as I had been part of it but now I was no longer joining them in this work. I no longer feel like thit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Putting it concisely, the JWS are false preachers and teachers of the Kingdom, they are not preaching for Jesus Christ they are preaching for a false corrupt publishing house, exploiting bible Scripture toward its own inherent will and purpose.

False prophets can never be considered to be guided by god and his holy spirit.

Jesus himself clearly laid identifiers to who is a false prophet and what to do when you are confronted by them.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Fink, you have taken Geff Jacko's statement to the ARC to heart, "it would be presumptsous of us to say that we are the only ones who speak for Jehovah." No Geff you don't say, well look at the Mormons, double the members double the hours, & just as nuts.
  • truth doubter
    truth doubter

I was specifically referring to the "Kingdom" message. WT has explained many aspects of the kingdom (kings priests taken from earth, a new creation, judges, the restoration of paradise on earth etc.) WT is unique in preaching this informaion. There are many scriptural references that appear to back these aspects. However, maybe it was only meant to be preached in the 1st century. Rev. 6 mentions parallel events and to what extent should we feel that Jesus meant armagedden also?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I was specifically referring to the "Kingdom" message. WT has explained many aspects of the kingdom

I was thinking of this with regard to the Kingdom message, taken from the book "Babylon The Great Has Fallen!" God's Kingdom Rules! Chapter 21 Under the subheading Good News and a Judgement Message ( www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/babylon/babylon21.html)

The news of God's kingdom, even when it was yet coming, was gospel or good news. (Matthew 4:23; Mark 1:14, 15) The news that God's kingdom was already set up and put in operation in the heavens was still better news. First in 1920 did we discern that the good news of God's kingdom as established in the heavens in 1914 (A.D.) was to be preached in fulfillment of Matthew 24:14. This verse was the theme text of the article "Gospel of the Kingdom" that was published in The Watch Tower in English under date of July 1, 1920. In the last paragraph on page 199, the article quoted Jesus' prophecy in Matthew 24:14 and then went on to say:

It will be noted he does not say the gospel that has been preached to the meek throughout the entire Gospel age shall be preached. What gospel then could he mean? The gospel means good news. The good news here is concerning the end of the old order of things and the establishment of Messiah's kingdom. It means the dark night of sin and sorrow is passing away. It means that Satan's empire is falling, never to rise again. . . .
    . . . Plainly this would seem to indicate that now the church must engagethe proclamation of this good news as a witness to the nations of earth, and then the old order will entirely pass away and the new will be here...

Shortly afterward, namely, on Friday, September 8, 1922, at an international assembly of unsectarian Bible students in Cedar Point, Ohio, in an address on "The Kingdom" at 9:30 a.m., it was said to them that they must be witnesses of the Lord God, that is, Jehovah's witnesses. The speaker, J. F. Rutherford, then president of the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, quoted to the assembled thousands Isaiah 43:8-12 (AV) and then proceeded to say:

Thus we see that those of the temple class are clearly designated as the Lord's witnesses at this time, to bring a message of consolation to the people, that the kingdom of heaven is here, and that millions now living will never die...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think that this book was published in 1963 and maybe the message 'millions now living' may have had some relevance with,

'the combined number of Kingdom advertisers around the earth numbered more than a million in April. — Revelation 7:9,10.' ("Babylon The Great Has Fallen!" God's Kingdom Rules!)

but not sure that it would now.

I think this Cedar Point Ohio mentioned in the quote is also the when the sounding of the seven trumpets got under way according to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit