Word spreading back home

by BeautifulMind 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

You all know how much jws loooove to gossip. So...I just finished a email conversation with one of my self-righteous, super jw relatives back home. Let me preface this conversation by saying this relative is someone I don't communicate with, at all. I haven't talked to/seen him in over 10 years and it was very minimal before that. I have no idea who told him. I didn't ask, don't care.

1st emaIl: he says he didn't want to be "presumptuous" (yeah right) but heard that me and my family are no longer going to the hall and asked if were we ok. My takeaway - why do you care, we don't even communicate?! And why ask if we are ok? does something have to be wrong? Of course, I know why but it's still a "presumptuous" thing to ask.

My response: no, we are not going. We decided it wasn't for us anymore and we changed our minds. (Seems simple enough right? I was of course, wrong).

2nd email: he "presumptuously" tells me how much he knows me and that I couldn't possibly have decided this on my own after all Jehovah had done for me and asked who I had been talking to. My takeaway - the audacity of me to use my own brain and actually think!!! How presumptuous of me lol!

My final response: I told him this was not a discussion. We made this decision on our own and I told him I don't really understand why that is so hard for him to believe (actually, I know exactly what it was so hard for him). I then finished the conversation asking him to respect our decision and I wasn't going to discuss it any further.

conclusuon: did he respect my decision??🤔🤔 of course not!! But I don't feel all that well today (sinuses kicking my a$$) and have no more energy to give to this nonsense. I have 2 toddlers to chase around the house all day and in general, better things to spend my time on. so I didn't respond to his presumptuous, judgemental emails after that. let him wait for a response that's not coming. Ridiculous that they really think it's ok and their right to interrogate you on your life.

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

May I ask how you are related?

Interesting, keep us posted.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. It was also a relative and we had no (zero, nadda) relationship with this person.

The interrogation is incredible!

You did the right thing. You know how to drive a JW crazy? DO NOT give them anything (no gossip) . They thrive on gossip. They will just make up sh*t anyway. I think they actually enjoy the thrill of the kill. Let em enjoy that ride.

Sounds like you have your hands full with little ones. Enjoy em...they grow fast.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I've had a similar experience twice. I just delete any emails from them without response.

Funny how how the simple concept of "we've made our [own] decision, it's not for us" is so unfathomable to them.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Harvard Illiterate 411. One of my younger 1st cousins.

Exactly ToesUp. I think it upset him when I said it wasn't a discussion. No discussion = no opportunity to convince/guilt me into going back.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Spiral - that's what I'm doing going forward. No time for negative energy
  • freddo
    freddo

You all know your particular situations but what if they might be waking up and testing the water?

I know you have to tread carefully and all that but is there a non-committal non-threatening way you might enquire?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I think you gave up too much info, not his business, quite obvious why he was asking, he could hardly wait to get your answers and spread around what you told him.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Freddo - no chance this was someone trying to wake up. If I revealed to rest of the emails he sent me it would be obvious. Trust me.

shirleyW - yes, it was very obvious!! But I'm not into ducking and dodging questions. And I really don't have an issue letting people know I'm not going anymore if they ask. I just don't think they need every little detail. He asked, I let him know exactly what I wanted him to know and cut it off when he started to be disrespectful.

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411
    BM thanks. I was just curious to see how close of a family member would do this to you to compare to my situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit