Gofundme account opened for funeral costs

by Amelia Ashton 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Simon, I hope this is ok to post here.

For those who dont know yesterday a terrible car accident took the life of a lovely young woman Leah Ryan

She was the daughter of 2 members here who go by the names of Sleeping Beauty and her husband Hairy He Goat.

Leah"s sister has started an account to help fund funeral costs. For any wishing to donate here is the link.

https://www.gofundme.com/for-leah-my-beautiful-sisters-funeral?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m&fbclid=IwAR1z971joyTaQNsY0zYq1_ADmDyxzQjpGRLf7l2-Teq1nalNnqc6WCsN3pQ

Thank you

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I fail to see why anyone here should contribute to this £5,000 money grab.

The death of a child - even a young adult - is a tragedy. Was she employed? Did she have life insurance? Did she have any savings? Is her family insolvent, living under a bridge somewhere?

HOW does this become a community obligation?

NO reasons have been given for why donations are required, just "we would like you to give us £5,000, please."

I await the flaming... unleash hell!

• steve2
    steve2

Actually Nathan, I agree with what you say. The idea of calling on a "community" to help fund funeral costs seems highly unusual to say the least even if the poster can cite 2 "members" who post here.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I can vouch this is totally genuine. I found out about it last night..from member Cantleave. I know Amelia Ashton, sleeping beauty ( Sharon) and Jon ( he goat ) personally. I was shattered when i heard the bad news.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wow, I guess with age comes wisdom. I wasn't this wise last week!

No ONE is saying this isn't real, or sad, but how is this a COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITY, especially when NO extenuating circumstances have been cited.

My final plans are for a no-frills cremation with no service. Cost is about one-tenth of what this money grab seeks. EXPLAIN.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

They achieved the £5000 goal necessary for arrangements in less than 24 hours which must be a huge relief knowing they can afford a proper funeral for Leah.

They are an extremely well loved family in the exjw community. If you knew them you would understand.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Every parent's worst nightmare.

Is this the family that moved from England to Australia and back again a few years ago?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yes it is x

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Nat--you are way out of touch with funeral costs in the UK.

this appeal gives the opportunity for folks--like me--to contribute, because i want to. i know the family.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

thankyou for posting this, Amelia..without it i wouldnt have known about the appeal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit