Those members who passed away

by Gorb 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ahh... don’t remind me of “Trevor-gate”. That enormous wind up that got us all going.

This has been an enjoyable and sobering thread . In a few years it will be us they talk about, .....Hopefully...

• Gorb
    Gorb

@bluesbrother,

I remember the fate of www.xjw.com

A good site with a lot of information from and about the oldtimers, the disidents from the 70 and 80's.

Nothing left of it now, and it makes me sad.

Gorby

• David.L.Henson
    David.L.Henson

Refiner's Fire a few years back.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Nothing is lost forever Gorb, I believe, what ever was, shall always be.

The first poster on here I met in real life was Gordy. We met at a Reachout event near Kidderminster in 2002. I don’t know if he’d remember me if he is still around. Shame Doug Harris is gone now. He died relatively young a few years ago. He also posted here briefly. Mike Thomas keeps Reachout going these days. I think Vince from Reachout was here in the early days too.

• karter
    karter

JK 666 i enjoyed his posts.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

TD I don't know about @Leolaia but @wakemeup before you JoHo is fine. I think she mostly is involved in the Australian CSA support stuff. I think she periodically is in touch with Kimmy of Mike and Kim to let her know any info. She's in touch with Sherri too.

Slim What is reach out?

• Simon
    Simon
    This has been an enjoyable and sobering thread . In a few years it will be us they talk about, .....Hopefully...

When I go, I'm turning the lights out.

Or could I set things up so it just kept running until Google turn the Data-Center off?!?!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Simon, this site has been running for a very long time and has been life saving to many. When you go, please don't turn the lights off, I'm sure this board has plenty of members who could take it over. Please try to set things up so its transferred to someone who will keep this site running.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Simon I can understand if you want to keep JW.net as it is. Your beautiful, bratty, sometimes loving, sometimes unruly baby.

But it would be wonderful to keep - I'm not sure how to term it - the past posts etc, as a whole, as a large piece of data, for posterity. Perhaps your kids, or Atlantis, or anyone you trust, really. Not to operate it as a forum, but to peruse the 'back catalogue'.

We all know it's a goldmine for research for all things Watchtower.

But as a piece of "social history", one day, it will be fascinating

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Nothing is lost forever Gorb, I believe, what ever was, shall always be.

That's beautiful, Slim and very true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit