What JW Beliefs Did You Find Difficult To Explain?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Cedar Point, Ohio... Where the historic 1922 convention fulfilled bible prophecy of the seven angels blowing their trumpets in the book of Revelation.

TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT BULLSHIT!

• minimus
    minimus

And to think we had to “study” this 💩

• zeb
    zeb

the blood thing as i was never told when it was started left to believe it was from day one. I certainly never knew of the multiple flip flops on that subject; I would have walked away then and there.

• waton
    waton

everlasting life on earth, when the sun is already half finished.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

That all good things done by other religions (like the Salvation Army) were in fact acts carried out by agents of the devil.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Haa, all of them. Here are a few.

1. Why god would introduce to Adam and Eve a weapon and the concept a of weapons when he kicked them out of Eden. Flaming Swords.

2. Flood. I could not suspend disbelief after a while. So utterly stupid and falsifiable in a 1000 ways.

3. Balam. That a talking donkey would not be unusual to him. Instead he argues with his talking donkey.

4. That god would somehow codify slavery as ok, that jesus had nothing to say about it.

5. That a girl could get raped, but if no one heard her scream out she could be killed.

6. That a raped girl could be forced to marry her rapist.

7. Generations (haaaa)

8. The whole order of the creation account being somehow accurate. (its not)

Really everything.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When you look back and think about all the BS you used to believe in their all foolish.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I had a person at the door ask me if The Two Witnesses of revelation had happened already. I ran the scenario of the Society's officials being arrested and held until they were released and stood up to witness even more and how they were the two witnesses, then told the householder yes. I swallowed hard and waited. It came, "How?" I said, "let's stick to something we can agree on". I knew it was bullshit and had no way to defend it.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Why Mother,s Day and Father,s Day were somehow evil, or for that matter, Thanksgiving.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hands down the overlapping generation. I can’t even explain how it’s meant to work in theory never mind explain it from the point of view of someone who believes it. It’s got to be some sort of joke, no? Although I admit I fail to see the funny side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit