Assembly experiences that strech the truth

by karter 39 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

Elder and his wife build a flash house.

They go on the stage at an assembly and give an experiences of how they sold the flash house to simplify their life so they can go pioneering.

The real story.

Elder and wife can't afford the flash house and have to sell it he never goes pioneering she does until they are declared bankrupt.

Why were they bankrupt?

The money leaft over from the flash house they invested in a yet to be build apartment and the developer goes bankrupt takeing their money.

Just one of many.

Karter.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

A couple I know lost their nice big house. They had to move in to a small basement apartment where he joined his joined his wife as a regular pioneer. Well wouldn't you know it, in an assembly soon after they are being interviewed for simplifying their life. Many times COs have a difficult time finding what the org asks for in the outlines so they really have to stretch the truth to make the interviews fit.

• Chook
    Chook

I heard a convention once told ALL those attending " that millions now living will never die" every single one has returned to the dust. Stretching the truth has continued for decades.

They are just well dressed con men, this church has elevated some mortal men to rockstar status. Do you remember when you were in and when you introduced a Jw friend to a Jw friend always their rank was mentioned.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe it's lost in the culture. I had no idea what a "flash house" is, so the internet tells me it's a brothel.
    I don't think some elder had and sold a brothel.

So what is it?

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

I'd be surprised a JW couple would admit to building a "flash house" :

a house frequented by flash people, as thieves and whores; hence, a brothel.
  • cognisonance
    cognisonance

I think the OP means "flashy house"

• KiwiBoy
    KiwiBoy

OnTheWayOut: Maybe it's lost in culture.

Yes you are right. Here in NZ we do not use the term 'flash house' to refer to a brothel. It simply refers to a flashy house, an expensive house usually built or purchased to show off ones wealth. This is what karter was referring to. An expensive house. So clearly the truth is stretched when the wrong impression is given by relating rubbish at some assemblies or conventions.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Is this the flash house they are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbkMv1Cp0ck

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

LOL ..flashy vs flash house. The stuff you can learn here...

• Room 215
    Room 215

'Flash house" = what we yanks call a "McMansion"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit