So Are Inactives officially SHUNNED?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've read here that Inactives are the same as disfellowshipped, treatment wise. Is that correct or did I misread it?? Thanks.....

• blondie
    blondie

good question, min. I don't think it is official but I am sure they are viewed as bad association and that jws should limit their contact with them except for spiritual activities, meetings, field service, conventions/assemblies; but nothing social. But I don't think jws are df'd themselves for associating with inactives unless something more serious is going on.

• undercover
    undercover

Wasn't there, but supposedly the convention had a part, complete with video, on how to view and treat inactive ones who are clearly, either through words or actions, demonstrating lack of 'christian' morals and values.

In other words, pretty much the same as before. No official shunning, just a heavy reminder to not associate with anyone who isn't actively supporting the organization.

• blondie
    blondie

https://jwvictims.org/2016/05/19/the-watchtower-steps-up-their-demands-to-shun/

http://jwsurvey.org/governing-body-2/controversial-2016-district-convention-program-leaked-loyalty-demanded-shunning-threatened

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Well all invitations I would normally get stopped, and no one bothers with us any more. So in practicality yes - thought that is a blessing really:)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    • "Well all invitations I would normally get stopped, and no one bothers with us any more. So in practicality yes - thought that is a blessing really:smile:"

Exactly ttdtt. We wanted everyone to leave us alone when we started our fade. They eventually gave up on us. Is this disturbing? Yes...we are human BUT we wanted them to leave us alone. We can't have it both ways, leave us alone and then bitch when they don't come around or call. Quite frankly, I prefer not to associate with anyone I feel unacceptable in MY life. I have a say in my associates just like they have a say. If you are in an abusive relationship, why would you want to go back? Just my 2 cents.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Same here ttdtt! We've been out close to 2 years. Stopped cold turkey. Got a few visits and letters, especially when our second child was born (about 6 months after our fade). Other than cordial hellos and small talk in the street nada, which suits us just fine.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

We are not in outright "shun the inactive", territory. Basically, they kept it arms length wnough to be able to say that jsnt a requirement. However, we know the drill. This is typical WT doubletalk.

While i have no experienced increased shunning by my family and friends that are still in that havent chosen to do so yet......it doesnt mean it isnt coming. Lets be honest, its not exactly new light, and its just a couple,sentences on a friday. They could have been sleeping or in the bathroom

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Its getting harder to give a damn about this shit.

• steve2
    steve2

Question: Are inactive ones shunned?

Answer 1: In the month immediately following a Regional Convention, yes, most definitely.

Answer 2: From two months up to four months following a Regional Convention, maybe, it depends.

Answer 3: More than 4 months following a Regional Convention: "We must have you round for dinner?"

Conclusion: It's cyclic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit