Surge in Mormon Suicides

by cofty 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Last November the Mormon cult has issued new rules about homosexuality labelling those in same-sex relationships as apostates who can be excommunicated. Children of gay couples are now required to leave home and repudiate their parent's relationship before they can be part of the church.

At least 32 gay Mormon youths have killed themselves since the announcement of the new policy, and there’s been an alarming increase of suicidal teens and twenty-somethings in the church....

• sir82
    sir82
    The most surprising thing to me is that the Mormons didn't openly condemn same-sex relationships even before then. Aren't just as sexually conservative as JWs?
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Children of gay couples

eh ?

• cofty
    cofty
    Adopted or surrogate I presume
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Could also be children from a prior (hetero) relationship.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Evil bastards.

They are running wildly against the tide of US public opinion. Support for gay marriage has risen enormously in the last 10 years. The charts on this page are amazing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/06/26/how-unbelievably-quickly-public-opinion-changed-on-gay-marriage-in-6-charts/

It's been described as one of the most dramatic and sudden changes in public opinion on a social attitude ever documented. Even evangelicals are starting to come round.

Soon JWs and Mormons are going to feel incredibly isolated on this issue. I can imagine Anthony Morris III getting up to decry gay marriage in ten years time. It will sound as bad as if he stood up and said you should beat your wives and blacks don't deserve the vote. Will be interesting to see how long they can hold out.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hang on, so Mormons were previously more tolerant to same-sex relationships and didn't label those people apostates?

They've actually got stricter, and now end up with similar views as the WT?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I doubt Mormons actually got stricter. It's probably a case of that the leadership had never seriously considered the scenario of what to do about the children of gay parents before. Then when they heard about it they said: "oh my God that can really happen? We've got to do something against that!"
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Proof positive that high control religious cults DO NOT have Gods blessing!!!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Do Mormon Eldubs like cookies??

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit