What Happens to Adam and Eve?

by Cold Steel 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

In the words of David Spaine: "Would you like an easy way to remember?..."

Basically, Jehovah just loves killing people for sins their fathers, grandfathers and distant grandfathers have done.

Adam and Eve messed up so lets punish them... and any kids they'll have.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Page 124 of the Divine Plan of the Ages (1913 edition) seems to say God foresaw that Adam would sin.

God not only foresaw that, having given man freedom of choice, he would, through lack of full appreciation of sin and its results, accept it, but he also saw that, becoming acquainted with it, he would still choose it, because that acquaintance would so impair his moral nature that evil would gradually become more agreeable and more desirable to him than good. Still, God designed to permit evil, because, having the remedy provided for man's release from its consequences, he saw that the result would be to lead him, through experience, to a full appreciation of "the exceeding sinfulness of sin" and of the matchless brilliance of virtue in contrast with it - thus teaching him the more to love and honour his creator, who is the source and fountain of all goodness, and forever shun that which brought him so much woe and misery.

So Russell taught what JWs would later come to reject - that God knew Adam would sin and it was part of his plan. Russell also claims that Adam's test was no farce and he was given a choice.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011006

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Slim " page 142 of the Divine Plan of the Ages seems to say God foresaw that Adam would sin"

The Rebel:- . We will have more on this as we get it...but this just goes to show words can come back and bite you on the bottom. My bet however is that neither Russell or Rutherford are in a position to make any further comment or statement on this issue. But they may be turning in their graves laughing we are still discussing and taking their bullshit so seriously.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Assumed you surviving Armageddon and seeing Paradise now live there and have can choose freely what would be second or a third? chance.

As pratically everyone who will survive Armageddon will once or twice fail and sin nevertheless, would this not mean that all Paradisians could die instantly the second death if not obidient, isnt the paradise a reality show that lease necessarily then to the second death for the most, because they can sin still?

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    The Rebel: we are still discussing and taking their bullshit so seriously.

Thousands maybe tenthousands even today are followers of Russel, Dawn Bible students e.g.. and believe this stuff about Adam.

http://www.biblestudents.com/topics/Suffering.html

http://www.dawnbible.com/content.htm

http://kingdomherald.com/history/daughters_tower.htm biblestudentsnet

• blondie
    blondie

Adam

Resurrected

"The death of Christ secures for Adam and all of his race one full opportunity for salvation and no more. The majority have died in heathenish darkness without any opportunity; and many in Christian lands have disregarded their opportunity, as did the people of Capernaum. All must be brought to a full knowledge of their privileges in Christ and then all rejecters will be destroyed." Watchtower 1920 Oct 15 p.316
    "Just when Adam will be awakened, only the Lord knows. It may be early or it may be late during the period of restoration." Reconciliation (1928) pp.323, 324 - Rutherford

Not Resurrected

"There is no promise found in the Scriptures that Adam's redemption and resurrection and salvation will take place at any time. Adam had a fair trial for life and completely failed." Salvation (1939) p.43 - Rutherford
    "Adam and Eve are viewed as among those who are incorrigible sinners who "proved that they were not worthy of life, and they will not be resurrected."" From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained p.236
  • John_Mann
    John_Mann

Reading the Genesis one can say they were repentful.

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

In the first chapter of the new Imitate Their Faith book, Adam and Eve were called unrepentant, which I did not agree with since there is nothing in the Bible that suggests that. Who wouldn't be repentant especially if you were tricked by A SNAKE FFS. The line of thinking was that Abel had it so hard since none of his family members were "in the truth" yet he was loyal to god. But there is no evidence that can suggest that his parents weren't serving god.

To be honest, that book helped me really start to see how the Org cleverly words things to spin stories. There's a lot of "it's reasonable to conclude" or "just imagine..." or "this may have been going through [bible character]'s mind." And I remember telling my husband how disappointed I was with the book (I had genuinely been looking forward to it) because I found it to be a book of assumptions and little fact.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    This is my interpretation of the fundation of the Jehovism theology, which also applies for Jehovah's organization mind. Jehovah wanted them to be ignorant, this is why the tree of the forbidden fruit was called "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil". Once you eat the fruit of the knowledge your "god" can't be Jehovah, because the god of the Bible is the god of the ignorance.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Pale.Emperor ยป Basically, Jehovah just loves killing people for sins their fathers, grandfathers and distant grandfathers have done. Adam and Eve messed up so let's punish them... and any kids they'll have.

If this is what the JWs teach, they've missed the entire point of both the Old and New Testaments. I've read some of the early articles by Charles T. Russell and though I didn't agree with much of his doctrine, I didn't find him particularly shallow. But after reading some articles by Rutherford, I came away thinking of him as little more than a rank showman. That he should be revered by the JWs when he should be an embarassment is something I've never understood.

Scripturally speaking, Yahweh was anxious to forgive sin and never held the children responsible for the sins of the fathers.

Ezekiel 18

20 The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the LordGod: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? ...

32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

--------------

24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel,* every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

* For the Father judgeth no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son. - John 5:22

The scripture indicates that Yahweh was born into mortality as Jesus. Yahweh is not the Father, but the Son.

BTW, This is not the kind of God who gives one chance and it's over. Neither is that the message of the prodigal son. The Lord did not dispose of Adam/Eve, nor Israel. The JWs are wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit