Goodbye friends

by Freeandclear 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Hello everyone. I'm not killing myself lol I just wanted to say a short goodbye. I'm not leaving forever, I'm sure I'll pop in here and there but for the most part I haven't felt the need to check in here as often as I used to so I thought I'd say so long.

This journey we're all on (life) and trying to make sense of it all is a very personal one. We all live and then we all die. I'm very happy to have found you all when I needed support. I give a huge thank you to jwfacts for all the work he put into his page, that was the real eye opener for me a little over a year ago. After having spent roughly 20 years in the bOrg I'm happy to finally be completely out and "rehabilitated" What I mean by that is this, I no longer have guilt, I no longer worry about "what if they are right" and I no longer find any of the "programming" that I received while in to affect me in any way. My real personality has risen back to the surface and my brain is fully functioning and working and I make my own decisions now, not based on some cult beliefs. I went through an existential crisis and came through with a new way of looking at my life and the world and this thing we all are going through.

I hope all of you find peace and happiness in this life. I hope all of you struggling to get out are successful and find your way. And I hope that everyone on here eventually outgrows the need for this place. Once you come to terms with life and death and with the fact that JW is nothing more than a mind control cult and that there is no way to really know anything about God, peace will follow. It has for me anyway and I'm very happy to report that.

I no longer feel encouraged when I check in here. I feel sad. So many of you have woken up and gotten out, yet you are still here every day, or several times a week and using your time in a way I see no benefit of. I know some of you are trying to help others and that is wonderful, I'm not talking to you. But it's the ones who keep obsessing over this cult that make me feel bad. I feel like you are wasting your life and your time. The JW's once had you.....don't you think it's time to finally let them go? Don't let them keep you even now that you're out. I don't know, maybe I'm being too hard on those ones...everyone goes through this and heals in their own way, maybe you are too.

Anyway, thank you all for the help and support I've received. I wish you all the best and all the happiness and peace you can find.

Goodbye.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I had a look at your post history. I notice that you had an existential crisis 8 months ago but that it was resolved 7 months ago. I salute your concision and admire your ability to get on with it. I'm still languishing and directionless 17 years in. Personally I've never understood the need to make dramatic goodbye threads and would never indulge in the practice myself.

• Landy
    Landy
    Personally I've never understood the need to make dramatic goodbye threads and would never indulge int the practice myself.

< Cough....splutter>

:D

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You okay Landry? You should see a doctor about that.

Mind you, last time I visited the doctor I told him I thought I was shrinking.

He told me I'd have to be a little patient.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It has often been well said:

"We should all aim to be Ex Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

We've all left and then returned 😄Come on back now! You hear!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Bye bye Freeandclear,

I don't believe we've ever met and it's probably safe to say you've never actually met anyone else who frequents this site, but thanks just the same for your concern and for the backhanded and self serving compliments, and for the assumptions you made about our sad lives.

Somehow I'll continue slogging through my pathetic existence with my lovely wife, 2 fine sons, darling new granddaughter, good job, nice coworkers, good health, beautiful home etc. It seems you pity me and those like me because we are still interested in the people we've encountered here but the main thing is, you got what you needed and have a new found sense of superiority to carry you through the rest of your life.

Pete

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Peace and love

• scratchme1010
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Best wishes Freeandclear. Enjoy the rest of your journey.

As I am still connected by a fraying thread to this despicable & demon-inspired cult, I'll continue to discuss and post topics which I hope will help someone to see that the WTBTS/CCJW is nothing more than a modern-day combine - the equivalent of the Pharisees in Bible times, who existed purely for power, control, & money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit