Canada Bethel (Georgetown) to begin renovations early 2017

by Richard_I 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

GB thought process.

Right remember how the Nazis made folk dig their own graves? Well, we need to empty Bethel and maybe sell it so let's fire everyone we can. Then when the place is almost empty we can renovate it so that it would make a good business HQ for a buyer by asking any of the old bethelites and the new bethelite wannabees to volunteer to commute on their own dime while giving up their secular work.

When the job is done we can send nearly all of them away and A) save loads of money B) have a nice new property worth loads of money C) sell it when we like!

• dbq407
    dbq407

Those helping out will be considered "part-time commuters" and will only be at the property for about 3 days a week and must reside outside of Bethel and pay for all their own expenses

Did they remind them to donate money also?

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Anyone have anymore details on this? I completely forgot about this and I haven't heard a peep about it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Because they have the money to do so.

I'm sure the new facilities at Wakill spurred on this endeavor. $$$

• zeb
    zeb

From this distance far away: don't you have (basically)free Medicare in Canada? So the number crunchers in wt will send all the older bethelites their who they cant dispense with, with health issues and get them looked after by the Canadian tax-payer.?

Please tell me if im wrong, wife does all the time im used to it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They are probably renovating so it is ready to sell.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Please tell me if I'm wrong, wife does all the time I'm used to it.

Your right about the health care but I don't know if that is the reason, I think they just want to up date the facilities there like they did in New York and going to be in England.

They have the money $$$

• hoser
    hoser

I’m at a circuit assembly and the circuit overseer is still begging for free labour on this project. He says it will take 6 or 7 years to complete.

They must be behind of schedule as this thread is 7 years old.

• blondie
    blondie

Wow, hoser, I bet they try to blame it on COVID-19. I think some jws are disenchanted with the WTS and are voting with "their feet" or "wallet." I think the WTS is getting desperate since most jws have been affected by the financial challenges from COVID-19 pandemic regarding just providing the basics for themselves and their families. No so the Bethelites and especially the admin, food, housing, a stipend, donations from jws who want an in with the celebrity and higher ups in the WTS.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I wondered when they would stop milking that project for donations. It sounds like they may still think they can squeeze a few $$ from the R&F.

That is an old tactic of WTC. They beg for money right up until they cancel a project and pocket the proceeds.

What happens to the money - they take it all.

What if R&F members loaned them money specifically for the project? Before they close it down, they ask all who did to consider forgiving the loans. They often do. Soon afterward, the project is cancelled.

If land was involved, they sell it.

If commitments were made, they break them.

If anyone complains, they counsel and/or DF them.

Ramapo what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit