The "Faithful And Discreet Slave Class" is it still a Doctrine / Belief ? of Jehovah`s Witnesses today ? 2018 ? or is it old light.

by smiddy3 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

i have listened to Steven Unthank`s podcast and found it very informative and interesting and thought I would ask this question for anyone who is still a practicing member either a PIMO or a POMO who only goes along for a family member ,whether this doctrine is still a part of the religions teachings ,or whether it has been dropped altogether .

Your replies are much appreciated .

• Room 215
    Room 215

I believe the phrase has been invalidated by the 2013 usurpation of the FDS title by the governing body... there's no longer a "class." It's amazing to me how such a blatant power grab went down without as much as a whimper from the rank and file.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I'm with Room 215 - I would have thought there would have been whispering from the bleachers on this one. My father has proclaimed to be of the annointed since he converted back in the 1960s. Since I've been inactive since 2006 and completed out since 2010, he and I do not speak much. I have wondered what his take on this is. He filled me in back in 2005 that those who proclaimed to be of the annointed were often targeted by the organization for expulsion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Most any "anointed" members outside of branches and headquarters are old coots looked at as kind of unusual, or they are viewed as fake anointed or mentally disturbed people seeking attention.

So I highly doubt members really had a problem when GB seized the "class" and dismissed the rest of them.

Edited to add: Including the GB, I think they really are faking it or are mentally disturbed people seeking attention.

• cobweb
    cobweb
    I think they really are faking it or are mentally disturbed people seeking attention.

The Paul Gillies conversion to remnant status gives credence to the former. Many claiming to be anointed will genuinely believe it, no doubt but after Paul Gillies I have to think the GB hold a very cynical view of the whole thing. They know exactly what Gillies is doing and why. They want him in their club and taking part in the emblems is like an initiation right to gain entry. The coordination of it is very revealing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    OnTheWayOut - "I think they really are faking it, or are mentally disturbed people seeking attention."

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. :smirk:

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Hey Room 215, can you please provide a reference on the - 2013 usurpation of the FDS title by the governing body... there's no longer a "class."

RB

• cobweb
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Faithful and Discreet Class...

...dismissed.

(drops the mic)

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

In the late 18th century, the term "class" began to replace classifications such as estates, rank and orders as the primary means of organizing society into hierarchical divisions. This corresponded to a general decrease in significance ascribed to hereditary characteristics and increase in the significance of wealth and income as indicators of position in the social hierarchy.

Class is not a biblical term. So it had to cease after It got outdated. It was useful in its time to mobilise the rank and file and call it great crowd Class followers of the remnant or bride class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit