48% Capacity at Kingdom Halls - A post on reddit

by berrygerry 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

There was a letter read this week, followed by a talk about all the changes that are coming in the next couple of months regarding merging congregations in the area (VA/MD/DC) - the letter said that the KH's in the area are only being filled to 48% capacity. This was music to my ears as I have noticed the decline in attendance in all the neighboring congregations. They will sell some kingdom halls and merge some congregations. This area was at one point, late 90's, one of the "greater need areas" people were moving here from other states to help out, now we all get to see the decline. Just thought I share the good news with you guys ..:)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Good news!!!!!!

• cofty
    cofty

Wondrous expansion is now taking place...

I asked a JW why there was little or no growth. He said it was a sign the end was so close. I said "that's strange, when I was a pioneer it was rapid increase that was a sign the end was so close".

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes what happen to that great crowd...

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Many are 'fence-sitters' as the realize the 'truth' doesn't add up

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's no wonder the kh's are not filling up - nobody has time to waste if they want enough money to live comfortably. By that I mean up to date appliances with warranty programs, cell phones, tv and internet; money for house upkeep and repair and improvements.

Keeping a good car insured, gassed up and serviced, or more than one.

Plus a million things needed to run a home like paper goods, clothing, beds and bedding, cleaning supplies, cosmetics and much more if there is a pet/pets.

It takes most of every day working hard to earn enough to have what you want. And if your living comes from your own business, it takes all and more.

Who has time to fool around with endless demands of a self-important cult with deluded minions spouting magical nonsense.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just the basics are costing to much. My wife had a friend sister in her hall . Single woman in her 40s holding down three jobs just to pay the bills. She doesn't go to meetings much anymore because of it and of course isn't mentioned or talked about in a kind way anymore as well.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

48% capacity at Kingdom Halls...and dropping! Not just in VA/MD/DC but also in California. Much if not most of this decline in attendance at JW meetings is due to the effective anti-JW movement currently going on...and there is no let-up!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Wondrous shrinkage is now taking place!

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Its the same here in Spain and Southern Europe, folks.

Most congregations are full of people in their 60s and 70s but not many young ones. Body of Elders with many who would like to step down because of their age but are not allowed to do so as there are no replacements.

Those brothers under their 40s are mostly Witness In Name Only who sit there in meeting but don't show up at field service or doing something for the congregation.

There are a limited number of convinced young witness with more responsabilities each day and who as consequence are burnt out.

There's a lack of prepared brothers with skills at congregational and regional level.

I could see that when I was a truly believer and was very worry as many of them are. But now, I realise they're getting what they deserve if we consider how they've mistreated the young ones in the past: no education, only pioneering, put the Org first... And then at their 40s and 50s suffer the consequences.

People are learning from older generations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit