Finally ready to join the crowd.

by Silent Knight 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Silent Knight
    Silent Knight

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

To those who advised caution sharing too much info even in PM I hear you. I know how deceptive elders and "loyal ones of Jehovah" can be.

Unfortunately my wife is still in but I do see cracks in the "spiritual armor" from time to time so I am hopeful of her joining us all on the outside. She is aware of my "extreme doubts" as I put them to her but I haven't shared my full fall from JW grace yet. Don't want to shock her into full JW mode.

Those who expressed concern over my mental health. Thank you for your concerns, I am happy to say however that I have never felt more at peace. The anger and confusion that clouded my mind for so long has lifted. But if I ever sense I need professional help I will seek it out. I'm not too proud to ask for help.

And finally to the person who asked about tight pants Tony. I was in attendance to a video feed of that talk. Didn't really think it was a big deal at the time but since then I have realized how stupid he was. Beards and facial hair never made sense to me what the big deal was, until I understood it was a control tactic, and visual gauge of your compliance to rules. Last fall when they almost loosen the restrictions on beards it was comical to hear so many talk about how cool it would be to finally grow one. Adults having to wait for permission to grow hair on their faces, and what kind of pants to wear. Let's review, It's a cult!

Ok that was longer then I intended lol. Peace everybody!

SK

• SAHS
    SAHS

Welcome, “Silent Knight”!

You will find that this step is just the beginning. The more you investigate the Watch Tower organization (cult!), the more you will realize how it is so obviously a man-made power-driven enterprise. And then, you will continue to see how ALL of the religions out there are also really the same thing (just different “flavours”).

When you can step back and view the entire forest from afar, then you will be able to see just how all the many defects of character within humankind have been coming into play with, and projected upon, religion in general, in all its varied forms.

You are certainly to be commended and respected for daring to stick your head outside of the bubble of imposed superstitious constraint. You are on the right track, my friend.

I myself believe that the processes by which everything, including us, came about were of a vastly different nature than anyone may think. I believe that what people refer to as “God” is really an emergent property of a higher order manifestation of the logical functioning of pure mathematical constructs.

A most certain given is that the Watch Tower organization is definitely not any kind of credulous outfit, by any stretch of the imagination. And neither is any other religious institution.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Welcome silent Knight

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome Silent Knight ! Nice to have you here. Congratulations on gaining your freedom of mind and peace of mind. We are here as a support to you and I offer my friendship to you as well. I exited the JW's at age 44 over 13 years ago- and it's been the most peace I've ever experienced in my life. When I got out- it was like a ton of bricks was lifted off of my shoulders. I can sense you might feel that similar feeling.

But like yourself- I do have extended JW family still in the cult - so it makes it a challenge having to be careful of what I say - or don't say. Welcome to freedom of expression here- and if you ever need any assistance at all - please feel free to ask any of us here. Peace to you my friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Always makes me smile to see when someone connects all the dots and has that aha moment. That's exactly what happened to me about 10 years ago when I successfully faded and I'm so glad I had this site to post on.

Welcome, you are among people who understand without you even explaining much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit