Questions for JW's from Christians

by Perry 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

I'm thinking of printing a tract with some simple but thought-provoking questions for people to use when JW's come to their doors.

Questions from Christians

Bible-believing Christians appreciate the moral values of Jehovah’s Witnesses in their communities but have several questions that somehow seem to escape us when we are caught unexpectedly at our doors. This pamphlet is designed to encourage Christians to ask Jehovah’s Witnesses questions about their beliefs so that a better understanding of the bible may emerge.

Question # 1: Bible-believing Christians believe in a “paradise earth”. However, since this term is not found in the bible, most people simply refer to this future condition of earth as the “Millennium Reign” of Jesus Christ. Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses still seek to witness to Christians about the Millennium Reign when it is already believed upon?

Question # 2:  In the New World Translation, Matthew 26: 27-27 reads: “And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.”

If the emblems of the Lords Supper are partaken of to represent the forgiveness of sins that is offered in a covenant with God as stated above, how do Jehovah’s Witness get their sins forgiven since they do not partake of the bread and wine at the Lord’s Supper and are largely not professing to be a member of the New Covenant?

Question # 3: Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that the New Covenant is for government positions instead of “for forgiveness of sins” as stated in the New World Translation?

Question # 4: Ephesians 1: 13 in the New World translation reads: “But you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth, the good news about your salvation.”

Since the New Covenant was open to anyone who wanted their sins forgiven since the time of the apostles, how can this “good news about your salvation” offered by Jesus in the New Covenant now be closed to new believers without incurring the curse found in Galatians 1: 8 - However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed”? (NWT)

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Can't argue with that reasoning

• baker
    baker

Add Matt 15:17 for an answer to the abstinence from blood. It pretty much states that nothing can defile a man that enters into his mouth.

• Divergent
    Divergent

"Explain your belief in 1914 to me using ONLY the Bible"

That should make them sweat!

• Perry
    Perry

Excellent suggestions. The topics could be numerous. But, since Christians are a special target of Witnesses, I thought that salvation would be good topic to limit it to.... from the very group they are seeking to convert.

If we are not saved, we are not going to be around to discover the answers to the peripheral questions. I wished more Christians had asked me questions like these when I was at their doors once upon a time.

• Simon
    Simon

Questions for JW's from Christians: "why are we all such annoying dumb fuckers?"

Seriously, your thinking is as arrogant and flawed as theirs - you have the truth and the right to decide right and wrong. Just like you thought you had their truth when you were a JW, now you think you have it when you're not. See a pattern here? An arrogant sense of self-importance.

JWs have as much claim to the label "christian" as anyone else does so the premise of your question is fundamentally flawed because of the assumptions it makes.

• prologos
    prologos

I gave it a "like", because JWs at the doors have to be confronted with ready ammunition against their bible twisting balled up, inbred teachings. After all, they go to the doors of mostly Christians proclaiming "we are right you are wrong", yet there is no scriptural support for their " salvation without partaking", work for a thousand years doctored doctrine. now, if snakes really talked we would need salvation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You're questions are to complex. Keep it simple  like posted above about blood and Jesus said nothing entering defiles a man can also be elaborated with Mathew 12 were he says 'we desire mercy not sacrifice'. It can also be brought out that in human breast milk there's roughly 1 million white blood cells per drop.

• Simon
    Simon

If christianity has proven anything it's that you can make a holy book justify whatever belief you want it to. There is no absolutely defined bible belief, let alone agreed on, it's ALL interpretation so every version is equally as valid.

Q2. Everything Jesus said to his disciples in those scriptures only applied to them. There you go. Off the top of my head I removed the basis for your argument. All you then have is "no, I think it didn't". Well, have a nice day then ...

Now, why do you need to convert anyone? Does ... does it say to do it in the bible? Where?

• baker
    baker

give out 10 bibles to 10 unknowing goat herders and you'll get 10 different religion s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit