Try this on a JW

by Saltheart Foamfollower 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Come on Saltheart,

Little can be stated to a JW that would be so thought provoking that they start to question their faith. That type of questioning comes from within ones own psyche. It appears that you have framed this OP in such a way to be able to state your own special profound question.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Little can be stated to a JW that would be so thought provoking that they start to question their faith. That type of questioning comes from within ones own psyche

I entirely agree DisArmed, which is why the questions are framed to start them thinking about what they believe rather than attacking a belief. I don't think it is particularly profound - just another logical inconsistancy in the bible/JW beliefs. Personally I think it is all nonsense. JWs usually need a bit of a push to get started in really thinking and then their own psyche can take over. As I said earlier, doesn't work for many, but asking questions like this can help some start thinking and there is little risk to the questioner since it isn't attacking a belief. Anyone tried questions like this? I have tried this one and listened for about half an hour to several witnesses examine all sorts of inconsistancies.

SF

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

In my native language this is even better. The word used for 'perfect' actually implicitly carries the notion of 'having been created perfectly'.

According JW theology Satan, Adam and Eve were all created perfectly. They could never undo that. They might become imperfect by their actions, but they would still have been created perfectly.

By claiming that Satan, Adam and Eve became imperfect, the words used in Dutch imply having been created imperfect'

Not that JW care about any of that....

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Excellent. And this All Knowing Jah wipes out tribes after tribes but leaves the Great Sinner Satan aloof till now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit