Is it okey to express your love for Jesus currently as a Jehovah's witness?

by Kosonen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Is it okay to express your love for Jesus as a Jehovah's witness?

Not since the governing body elevated themselves to a position higher than Jesus.. JW's need to profess their looovve for the g.b.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Kosonen - "Is it okay to express your love for Jesus as a Jehovah's Witness?"

Sure, if you don't mind other Jehovah's Witnesses being super suspicious of you.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Sea Breeze, yes you are right. And the scripture you quoted show it well.

I wonder when the JWs will realize that one day they have to praise also Jesus for their salvation if they truely will be part of "the great crowd"? How ironic that "the great crowd" in Revelation 7:10 is said to praise not only God but also Jesus for their salvation. "And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Not since the governing body elevated themselves to a position higher than Jesus.

I'd go with this.

Too much 'Jesus' talk in the JW ranks and suspicion will abound.

.......and we can't have the Congregation Gossip(tm) (usually an Elder's wife who gets all the latest from him), turning her attention to a 'Jesus' lover.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don’t see how you could be criticised for it . After all they have studied how Jesus laid down his life for us. If I went and if I commented, then I would do so and make a spirited reply to anyone that questioned it.

In my childhood we had an old brother who was what my wife would call “ one of the real anointed “. He was always speaking of “ The Lord “ as though he was close to him, and he did not mean Jehovah.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

In one of their training videos about how to handle an 'opposer' at a convention, they identify the 'bad guys' as the one with the "Jesus Saves" bumper sticker on his car.

• blondie
    blondie

What I noticed over the years is that the WTS often makes statements with the phrase "Jehovah and Jesus Christ" always putting Jesus in second place or an afterthought. Checking their songs, I found that "Jehovah" was used overwhelming more than "Jesus." Very few songs featured Jesus alone. While even their bible only uses the phrase "witnesses of Jesus" in the new testament, the WTS calls its members, "Jehovah's witnesses." So jws tend to leave Jesus out of the conversation, only a tool used by their god to provide jws eternal life on a paradise earth. The WTS says that their members cannot approach their god except through the governing body; that one cannot pray through Jesus alone. I am not surprised that many if not most jws do not mention their love for Jesus much in the sense you picture. There are more things I could add. https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/faithful-discreet-slave.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit