Dec 2016 study edition 'Setting your mind on the spirit.' WTF?

by Esse quam videri 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

So "masturboating" is a no-no in Watchtower Land. I'm glad the light got brighter on this subject - like a boat tacking in the wind (sic). There must be some scriptural quote about wasting your seamen in this somewhere.

I am sick of this cult. I loved sailing hobbie cat 16s as a child and had this taken away from me as well by the JWs. Getting another sailing boat is now on my wish list.

• Chook
    Chook

GB don't understand all good missionaries spread word with boat. But Tony tight pants walks on water

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Dont you all know that Sailboats are the Devils work!

If man was meant to sail - he would have been given a Mast a-mid-ships that would be able to go up and down at will!

Oh wait...

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I guess that we can all remember the time when we believed that: 'if we forsake all "worldly pleasures" in this system, jehober will bless us beyond our wildest dreams.'

WOW! So much wasted time forsaking instead of partaking!

just saying!

• steve2
    steve2

I can only conclude that 1) there has been a rash of brothers investing in sloops and that 2) sisters haven't yet fallen prey to this particular temptation.

Keep the boat-buying warnings coming, jw org. It just gets more and more "interestinger".

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Keep it going WT. Piss on your wealthy contributors! They just can't make that A causes B connection.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But of course, Flashy gold jewelry and watches are still ok...right? After all, the GB wear those items when "broadcasting"...

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

I don't get the logic...if you don't do what you want to do now, you will be rewarded by being able to do that very same thing later...but if and only if certain stipulations are met (despite the fact that you could very well do it now if you don't pay any mind to this logic)..huh?

• mrquik
    mrquik

Screw em. I bought a sailboat & I don't even know how to sail.

• Mephis
    Mephis

"The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit