Have you ever come across someone on this site or other exjw site that you knew?

by karter 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• phats
    phats

I know Phizzy but he doesn't know that I know it's him on this forum.

A very good man I would say & the 1 man I respected when I was in.

Yes, a very good man our Phizzy.

Phats.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

I came across some posts by my nephew from many years ago before i joined this forum. It made me sad to read what he was going through with his father ( my brother ). I have never acknowledged this to him. Time has gone on and he has matured, has his own life and as far as im aware is doing fine his parents divorced and lead their own lives. My brother to my knowledge still regards the jws as having the 'truth ' but definitely lives contrary to their teachings ,i think to be honest he cant bring himself to admit he's been wrong all along. Its just another sad case of jw influence causing consternation among families.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Two.

Then more indirectly...just one degree of separation, two more:

Another person on this forum lives in my area, knew my parents even, but we didn't know each other before.

Then there was another who has family in my area I know.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Nope, which is kind of odd considering that I live in a major metropolitan area with tens of thousands of JWs. Go figure.

I did learn about this site from an ex-JW I know and I've told a couple of former members about it, but I have not discovered that I previously knew anyone that posts on here from their posts or they mine.

On the other hand, I have made several important friendships here with people that live all over the world. We email, text and talk offline. A couple I have even met personally. These few friendships have become very important to my growth and healing after leaving the cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yep, two.

One was a young person that I watched grow up. Knew both of her parents quite well. Dated her mom about a century ago.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Off the top of my head is DoNotCall and Barbie his wife.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Maximus (no longer posts here) and my dad knew each other well, I used to be in the same congregation as Ohio Cowboy and my brother used to post here.

• TD
    TD

More than once.

I respected their privacy.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes two.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

On the former jw recovery site, an ex young jw sister that I had met a time or two, was on it for a short time. She postewd a story about a place her and her mom had lived for sometime. Well I knew the story right off the bat, for I had heard it from her eldub uncle, and there's just no way, it's not the same story!!!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit