KISS - Knights In Satan's Service

by Funchback 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• Funchback
    Funchback

Growing up as a JW, I was told that KISS stood for Knights In Satan's System (or Service).

I just did a Google search and learned it's not true. It's actually not an acronym for anything.

To be honest, apparently it's not just the JWs who believe it means something related to Satan.

http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/kiss.asp

One day Paul [Stanley] and Peter [Criss] and I were driving around, brainstorming for new names. I had thought of a few, like Albatross, but I wasn’t happy with any of them. At one point — we were stopped at a red light — Paul said, “How about KISS?” Peter and I nodded, and that was it. It made sense. Hindsight is 20/20, of course, and since then people have talked about all the benefits of the name: how it seemed to sum up certain things about glam rock at the time; how it was perfect for international marketing because it was a simple word that people understood all over the world. But we just liked the name, and that was that.
  • dbq407
    dbq407

Haha i remember that too. Witnesses always gotta demonize everything. ac/dc i was told stood for all children/devils children.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Yeah - I well remember that priceless canard!

According to the WTS, members of this band were so bad that while travelling by commercial airline flights, they had to be physically separated from the other passengers.

All of it complete nonsense, of course.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Kiss was an underrated rock band. They get glossed as glam rock but they really had a good sound

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

Yeah I remember this also. Kiss= kid's in satan's service.

AC/DC= after Christ devil comes

RUSH= renderers under satans headship.

I'm sure there is more. But that's all I can think of right now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some people think with fear and emotions rather than logic and rational reasoning derived from facts.

Most of these people usually end up involved in religious spiritual beliefs or some kind of organized religion.

The rock bad KISS is just another band that was commercially created to portray an expression of rebellion and many times these bands use Satanic or Wicca imagery etc. to project that rebelliousness as a means to attract teenage adolescence. ACDC, Black Sabeth etc.

Back tracking music was done so back in the 1960's as a intent of artistry ie. The Beatles but it wasn't done to hide or create a subliminal demonic verse as some Christian fundamentalists once proclaimed.
  • Steel
    Steel

I saw an interview with Peter Chris once asking if Kiss were a satanists. He replied " last I checked were are still two jews, a Lutheran and a Catholic ".

I was raised in the church and Kiss was public enemy number one. It's wasn't till was nearly 40 I realized they were about as scary as the beach boys. My office mate listened to them over and over.

Essentially they were just a pop act disguised as rock and roll. I wouldn't even call them metal . They have never gotten much respect from radio or even there musical peers. Gene and Paul never cared as long as they got paid.

• NikL
    NikL

Listen to their music now and they are pretty much bubble gum LOL

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I was told that if you backward-mask Purple Rain by Prince, you can hear the words, "Satan haaasssss me". As a 10 year old, I was thoroughly spooked. Imagine the fear that gripped me a few months later when my oldest sister played 1999 on her car stereo while giving me a ride. I was paralyzed with this morbid dread that the demons were infiltrating her Nissan Pulsar as the music played.

• lancelink
    lancelink

When I was a teenager, several witnesses went to see KennyRogers in the Chicago area.

from what I heard it was a great show, and during it he would toss T shirts and frisbee's out into the audience.

Well, several weeks later there was a big camp out at Devils Lake park in Wisconsin.

People were talking around that campfire, laughing and having a good time.

Enter the guy with his K. Rogers frisbee, it was being tossed around the campfire to everyone. Scott, the person who caught it at the concert really did not want it, so he dropped it into the fire to watch it melt. It did not melt, it just softened up a little.

After that their was a story circulating in the hall, circuit that K. Rogers was associated with satanism, and people believed it wholeheartedly !

to me that was a WTF moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit