“The Asiatic Mind” — Watchtower 1956

by slimboyfat 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

OMG! Got to save this one for my anti-JW arsenal. And, to think, these guys claim to be in the right hand of Jesus.

JWs might claim that they've learned better since then; however, they're supposed to be guided by holy spirit - not dependent on human learning.

JWs aren't supposed to be receiving thoughts of men in their "food at the proper time".

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Magnum - Just be thankful they weren’t Joseph Smith or Brigham Young because then you really would have something to complain about.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think it was about the 70`s or 80`s that someone wrote in "letters from readers" about how the Japanese culture of being ,well displaying the fruitages of the spirit without having it drummed into them from the Bible ,that it was just natural for them.

And I can`t remember what reply was given ,if anybody has recollections of that ?

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Yet one more example of WT pseudo-science.

Reading WT literature is said by some to educate a person to at least the level of a bachelor degree.

A bachelor degree at which university, though? The only one I know of that fits the bill is Tasmania's University of Lower Crackpot.

• Room 215
    Room 215

smiddy3:

No doubt they would have made use of Romans 2:14,15 in their reply:

"4Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the work of the Law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them. 16This will come to pass on that day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.…""

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

He was right though. Asians as a group rarely innovate. They have fewer geniuses and their IQ is more evenly distributed. Most of the progress seen in Asia in the past 50 years has been catching up to Western countries and copying or refining our technology. Not saying they didn't invent anything ever but as a group they are far less innovative than Caucasians. There's nothing wrong with pointing out racial realities.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

The term "Asiatic mind" is so general as to be almost meaningless.

Asia's western border is the line formed by the Ural Mountains, then the eastern shores of the Black Sea, Bosphorus, Dardanelles, Mediterranean Sea and Red Sea. Its northern border is the Arctic Ocean, western border the North Pacific Ocean and the southern border the Indian Ocean. Its south-eastern extremities get really interesting, forming a border with the Melanesian islands of New Guinea, and coming to within only a few hundred miles of the northern coastline of Australia.

Encompassed within that area is a very diverse group of peoples, very hard to generalise about. For example, the Asian continent includes the Middle East, where the Jewish people originated from (if not where most of them now live). Few would deny that the Jews have produced more than their share of innovative persons!

More "new light" who could have known?

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

Not formally about the subject ... but, illustration of "Angels" or "anointed" in the Heaven

they are alway white male caucasian

https://www.jw.org/fr/biblioth%C3%A8que/revues/tour-de-garde-etude-aout-2020/

https://www.jw.org/fr/biblioth%C3%A8que/livres/histoires-bibliques/8/harmaguedon/

https://www.jw.org/fr/biblioth%C3%A8que/revues/tour-de-garde-etude-septembre-2019/armaguedon-bonne-nouvelle/

I never saw angel or annointed illustration with black people , nor chinese , nor other ethnicity than

white caucasian :(

Best regard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit