Is Larry Graham an Elder?

by ShirleyW 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think he is, but I"m not too sure. Just wondering because looking at that purple pimp outfit with hat that he wore to Prince's memorial, I wonder if he ever gave a talk wearing the same outfit, when I've read here that some brothers were talked to for wearing a pastel colored shirt while giving a talk.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    Last I heard yes. Reg. pioneer at one point etc.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Prince's death is giving this message board a meltdown. It's glorious.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Prince's death is giving this message board a meltdown. It's glorious.

I'm glad. I hope it shakes things up a bit. I'm sorry for witnesses and the daggy clothes they have to wear. No wonder the African brothers And sisters and others take the opportunity to wear traditional costume.

I bet Larry Graham is worth a Bob or two...same special rules apply to him too!

• oppostate
    oppostate

The wide brimmed hat is Larry G's signature look of sorts.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    It sounds, bad, but it's true. Black brothers in black communities get an incredible amount of leeway in what they can wear.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    It sounds, bad, but it's true. Black brothers in black communities get an incredible amount of leeway in what they can wear.

Oh man not from what I've seen. My body has gotten on guys before, for flash suits etc. Sure it differs from area to area but, I've not seen this sort of leeway.

• steve2
    steve2

Where's Tony tight-pants when you need him? He was scathing not just of tight pants but of that whole "worldly" look. But, yes, it seems that some communities of JWs don't have the "tighter" standards of other communities.

Money changes everything...I guess.

BTW, extremely telling that Larry Graham chooses to wear a purple attire from head right down to his feet. No doubt the choice of color was intentional, harking back to Prince's Purple Rain heyday when he was overtly into sexual lyrics and innuendo. You'd think that JWs would want to be hammering home that Prince turned his life around and not do anything that could signify his past was now being glorified.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Hadriel, when I was at Bethel, my congregation was in the worst parts of Brooklyn. The Bethel elders in the hall were semi-heavies, one step below the branch committee members. The elders (not bethelites) wore some pretty flashy suits on the regular and it was ok.

I also noticed the lady with Larry is apparently not a witness (wearing a cross). Interesting

steve2: Purple has been Prince's color for a very long time. Even after the days of Purple Rain and his time with The Revolution.

• oppostate
    oppostate

There was a crack-down on zoot suits in New England a while back, when folks were partying like it was 1999. No Zoot Suits!

Then there was the NO Hoochie Momma style-for-sisters talks at Natick, the DO guy's name escapes me which is good 'cause I'm trying to completely block him out of my mind's recollections :- )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit