US Republican congressman, others injured by shooter in Washington DC

by sir82 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Tragic occurrence:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/steve-scalise-shot-in-virginia-aide-also-hit/ar-BBCFakV?li=BBnb7Kz

I saw another report indicating that the gunman may have targetting GOP members. Gunman is apparently now dead.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The chaos over this election must stop. The obsessive hate surrounding the election is so out of hand. The peaceful transition of power used to be one of the proudest, most admirable things about our society and government. Why are these obsessive lunatics taking this away?

• Simon
    Simon

People are fed a non-stop diet of political hatred and a message that violence against political opponents is justified.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

• just fine
    just fine

This is what happens when facts are distorted and Republucans are made out to be evil. I expect more of this as the left doubles down on dividing the country.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    This is what happens when facts are distorted and Republucans are made out to be evil. I expect more of this as the left doubles down on dividing the country.

::Rolls eyes::

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Gunman is now reported not dead. Good ( I don't want death in the first place) but I want this guy questioned.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why all the fuss? He was just there for practice. (Too soon?).

• just fine
    just fine

You can roll your eyes all you want. The shooter asked whether it was Democrats or Republicans practicing - and then a few minutes later the shooting started. Now why would someone target a group of republicans from various states? Hmmmm, maybe because of all the lies and hatred being spewed, about how Republicans are racist and every other vile thing. Some people believe what they see on the news.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Unbelievable.

Hopefully the gunman will go to jail for 250 years.

'Tragic occurrence'? - no, this was deliberate. I think it's worse than tragic.

• undercover
    undercover

What they needed was a good guy with a gun. How's it feel when the gun is in the blue hand now?

But, yes it is a tragic occurrence. I hope the victims will be okay, and the shooter is prosecuted to the full extent of the law (if still alive).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit