What is the biggest hypocrisy you have seen as a witness?

by HereIgo 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I have far too many to name, but ill start with obscene music, gambling and cussing like a sailor. All the while preaching to "worldly people" about their impending death at Armageddon. Thoughts?

• freddo
    freddo

The general tendency to often be judging others over every little thing - (Matthew 7 v 1 - 5) - especially verse 5.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I always found talks given about the "snares of materialism" by one particular elder in our cong who was very wealthy, brand new BWM parked outside the KH, nice big house,holidays abroad etc, very hypocritical indeed, call me old fashioned.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

I know of a bigshot elder who had a mistress for years. How many judicial meetings did he sit on in this time?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

After I realized that I was in a cult but still going to the meetings I went out with the boys and realizes that I was way out of touch with the UFC championship...the brothers knew all about the fighters records and who beat who. I ride motorcycles with a couple of JWs and while walking in downtown Montreal the guys couldn't hide their lust for the sexy women, some even taking a picture of a hot woman stopped at a red light on her crotch rocket motorcycle in a really sexy pose. The guys were laughing and saying they were taking a picture of the bike. This strange for men who are subjected to the WT morality rules. When elders asked for donations from the platform and I never saw any contribution from them in the box when I was the account servant.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Me.

While directing DC Dramas, being MS Overseer, sitting on judicial committees I was having affairs.

When I was found out I thought my life was over.

Now I am no longer having an affair, no need to lie about anything and no longer believe in the JW bull.

Life has turned out great.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The biggest hypocrat I v been aware of was me. E.g. once I donated half of my monthly salary into the donation box - cause of an urgent need to finish the bethel complex that years later has been already purchased - an afterwards I really waited the whole next study with the group that the responsible brother would be aware aware of my sacrifice. What did not happen at all, because I couldnt say that it was me. And if I would tell you the story, am I now a yet bigger hypocrat?
    Then I filled up the monthly report with a certain amount of hours that was not done really in the service, but filled with other service like personal bible study, preparation time, driving time, going the way to and back from streetservice, buying food for the snack time an such things to come to the 60 hours. Also I reported that I placed at least 20 % more magazins than in reality to give a good impression. This happened some months until I got a bad concscience and confessed to the elder, what stopped my whole fever in service and lead to many consequences.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

scratchme1010 - How did you ever sit through your JC meeting and not out that elder? His offense is bigger than yours since he's an elder, even worse if he's married with children.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The biggest hypocrisy?

The WT's acceptance of Hemopure - a manufactured blood product made from cow's blood. Animal blood.

For decades, they have stood on a bad interpretation of an old biblical edict against the eating of animal blood - not human blood - as justification for refusing life saving blood transfusions. And then...when it became valuable to the WTS...for whatever reason...they said it is okay to have a blood transfusion made from the same blood that the Bible forbid - animal blood.

That is hypocritical. Ban human blood transfusions based on a biblical scripture about animal blood but then allow blood transfusions using animal blood.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is the biggest hypocrisy you have seen as a witness?

The Biggest Have Been After I Left..

Fly a Chile Flag At a Kingdom Hall...........................KILL JW`s For Watchtower..

To SAVE WatchTower Real Estate......................... "No Blood Transfusion" Rules..

Image result for Flag at kingdom hall..Image result for Tombstone bye

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit