Experience of new elders meeting format.....

by caspian 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    it appears that the ‘waters are drying up’ for the great harlot?

Winston,

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

That's right Cap,I was present when they made the deletion announcement.

However,I closed the meeting with prayer?

I'll tell you why .I am and was well liked and loved by the brothers and sisters.The circuit overseer told the elders to have me close with prayer the night of my deletion so as to forestall any gossip as to any wrongdoing on my part.

Later,when my son was disfellowedshipped,then the friends put two and two together,That is except the wives of the elders who already knew why in advance ( you know confidentiality does not apply to them ).

Saying the closing prayer was the most anxiety ridden time for me at that time .I just focused on God and Jesus and prayed about positive things with thanks.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Blue, I feel bad for you. That must've been difficult.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I was told that I should throw him out of the house,which I refused to do

NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what scripture did they use ??? the nerve of JW's.

• caspian
    caspian

Blueblades

Thats sounds awful, you must have found that really difficult.

It was strange that I went to the group last night, and it was the first time that I hadn't conducted a group in years, The PO came along to take it and despite there only being one other brother there I wasn't asked to say a prayer or read the paragraphs or any thing,

So now I am really interested to see how the PO words the announcement tomorrow night.

Will it be

1. Brother Caspian has resigned as an elder due to personal circumstances and , we would like to thank him for all of his hard work over the years etc........ (Congregation Thinks Ahhhhhhhh!)

or

2. This is a congregation announcement to inform you that Bro Caspian no longer serves as an elder.(Congregation thinks is it adultery? , is he gay? apostate? does he love his dog tooooo much?)

We shall see.

Caspian

• caspian
    caspian

Yes of course Brother Nosey I do love my Golden Retriever, but not the way you suggest

Cas

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

What about the rengade sons of Jehovah?

Satan, untold numbers of demons, apostate anointed, Adam, Eve,

if this rule - oops! (principle) - were applied to God, the elders woud have stabbed him in the back

long ago.

I reckon if Christ himself came back to Brooklyn tomorrow

he'd be disfellowshipped pronto.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Well you see, ninecharger, that's why the elders have to discuss the matter. They have to determine if the elder was a good dub father... had a family study, brought his children to meetings and in field service, etc. If he did, well then of course, his kids problems aren't his fault.

It all comes down to submission to the organization's control mechanisms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit