Watson. Here is one of my experiences

by moley 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I hate to put a "hole" in your story, my friend Moley, but i must indeed question the validity of your "vision".

Now, i believe you believe you saw this soldier, and it was and still is vivid in your MIND. With that being said, i can PROVE that it was NOT a ghost of a soldier in the English civil war.

One simple statement that you mentioned, disproves the validity of the person being a true ghost of an English soldier in your whole story. You see, saluting was NOT a practice of soldiers during the English Civil war. That practice did not start until the colonial era of wartime. It was adopted by that era of soldiers, especially during the American revolution, to mimic the old knights who would have to "raise" their visor on their metal helmets, in order to look into each others eyes.

This action of putting the hand to the forehead and saluting was adopted in the 1700s, as a throw back to chivalry on the battle field, and was purely symbolic as no colonial soldiers wore knights helmets.

During the English civil war, the action of saluting, as you say the "ghost" you saw did right before he "disappeared", was not, or ever done, by any soldier involved on both sides of the English civil war.

We must only conclude that this was a ghost of a colonial soldier, pretending to be a soldier of the English civil war, OR a figment of your 9 year old imagination. Or perhaps this ghost had quite a sense of humor, and we are all the butt of his joke. . . .

And to that, i must salute him . . . .

• caves
    caves

Salute history. Its possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salute

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Not really, that Wiki states that the ORIGINS, not the act of saluting, is the raising of the visor, which is exactly what i mentioned, but it does not state that any soldiers in the English civil war used the salute.

In fact ALL the examples given in the Wiki of history of soldiers using it, are of a much later time. The earliest example used is 1745, much later than the English Civil war.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"We may have lived a life that`s full but we ain`t seen nothing yet" I think I just made a profound statement

• waton
    waton
    We may have lived a life that`s full but we ain`t seen nothing yet" I think I just made a profound statement

indeed, because even if there is really nothing after our demise, you said the truth.

• freddo
    freddo

What an excellent point Dunedain.

• zeb
    zeb

A small group of Australian soldiers lost in very dense growth were startled when another Digger appeared out of the jungle into their midst. This was during WW2.

He dressed the wounds of one digger and gave them directions (compass) to get to safety. During this one of the soldiers took out his small camera and took a photo of the group as they sat there. At daylight they moved off and eventually found safety. Their 'visitor' was no longer with them and they assumed he had moved off on his own. Later when the soldier had his film developed the 'visitor' was not on it..

I do not know the location of this battle but I am told it was a very critical one for the outcome of the Great War. There was an experience that occurred during the great war when the Brits in one sector were very thin on the ground. The German forces tried to break through this sector. They attacked at early dawn and advanced in great number. The Brits sent for reinforcements but had to hold. Suddenly among them was a force of small men in leather armed with long bows who were sending arrows into the advancing Germans. The advance was halted and as the mists rose off the battlefield the 'archers' disappeared. Many of the dead Germans were found to not have a mark on them. So many men saw this but the British authority's put a clamp on talking about it.

I was photographing an ANZAC day parade and there was one indigenous soldier among the others and I set my camera to make him the centre of the men marching past. I took the photos and when the film was developed the frames that included him were blank. The frames either side (35mm) were normally exposed.

Curioser and curioser..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth,Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

• fulano
    fulano

Greet experience Moley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit