To those who attended, attendance up or down at your memorial?

by Crazyguy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Interesting to see if there's a noticeable trend in memorial attendance. Also did they talk more then usual about ones not to partake?
  • freddo
    freddo
    Down. 112 this year, 118 last. UK.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Down 156 -136
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Normal boring talk so far. Massive down, don't count it, but it looked very empty.
  • sir82
    sir82

It's hard to get a feel for overall attendance from solitary data points.

Even locally year over year attendance is hard to extract meaning from. Typically congregations alternate between an "early" memorial and a "late" one, if they share a Kingdom Hall. The "early" one is always better attended.

So if last year was an "early" one and attendance was 140 and this year was a "late" one and attendance was 120, it's hard to extract any meaningful info from that.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Down by 8: 73 (2015) vs 65 (2016). Also no one from territory or with invites only non JW families attending inflated normal attendance.

UK

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    still waiting on my contact from my old cong
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Seemed low for this congregation, though I didn't hear the count. There were some empty chairs around, which is usually not the case. (mid west US)
  • James Jack
    James Jack

119 Last Year

134 This Year

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I tried to get info from my husband (against what I was trying to do, which was just to SHUT UP). He was completely vague and not a bit of real answer from him. All I do know is that last year it was held in an auditorium with many congregations attending I guess to make it look big. This year it was held at the hall that his mothers hall is now sharing with for four + years now ( ever since sale of the previous one, and the promise of a new hall was never fulfilled)

I asked a few questions ( couldn't help myself) like was the hall all filled up, who was there, did they all say how much they missed you, etc., and he immediately got super defensive and acted like i was attacking him. I realized my mistake and left the room.

sigh...

Me and my big mouth. I needed a gag on it last night. ugh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit