It is absolutely galling to me that my wife submits herself to this madness

by jambon1 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I've tried to get over this, I honestly have. Since I stopped my kids going to meetings, things have gotten a little better.

But knowing the content of the convention programme that she was subjected to on Friday, it amazes me and greatly annoys me that she goes back for more, today.

For her to sit there watching those crazy, fear mongering bunker videos. I just find it difficult to accept that someone can expose themselves to this utter bullshit and even defend it.

Aside from that my wife is a lovely, respected, warm, compassionate, intelligent human being.

So how can she sit there and validate this nonsense?

😔

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Brainwashing has nothing to do with how good or intelligent a person is. If you look at the makeup of the people both in and out of that organization, they are all from different walks of life with different degrees of intelligence, personal values and qualities.

Unfortunately, getting sucked up into the brainwashing cult doesn't discriminate.

• alanv
    alanv

The good thing is that you can ask her about any of the crazy videos they are showing as they are mainly all available online. Just choose one that will hit home when explained by someone not indoctrinated any more.

• prologos
    prologos

It is absolutely galling to me that my wife submits herself

to the wt authorities, period. given their dismal record of using the talking snake scenario.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMBON- As Scratchme said, your wife is under the influence of cult mind control. Anything the WT Society tells these JW's they'll eat it up thinking " God " allegedly is inspiring every utterance out of the GB's mouth. Another condition many JW's are under mentally is called the " Stockholm Syndrome " whereby most every JW will make excuses for the WT Society's crimes - even if it involves supporting WT Societies faulty child abuse policies and refusing to admit that the WT Society has serious ethical and moral deficiencies. So then rank & file JW's become unwitting accomplices with WT Society actions. It's something most JW's don't even realize is happening to them.

It's definitely a mental condition caused by years of indoctrination sitting at those meetings which affects what's inside the brain neurotransmitters which triggers JW's to stay inside the organization. Not until one removes themselves from hearing the WT indoctrination - can new information pathways be established inside those brain neurotransmitters. It's not just a psychological condition, it's a physiological condition.

I feel for you my friend. It's a tough thing to deal with when it's your mate. And that's putting it mildly. It's something that runs a lot deeper than most people realize. Even some ex-JW's don't totally understand the power and danger of cult mind control . One reason why after years of exiting the Witness organization, some will go back after being out 20 or 30 years. They are still under control of the WT Society through guilt and fear tactics used by WT leaders.

I hope the best for you, and we are always here as a support to you, but your wife will have to see this and hopefully awaken in her own time. Each person has to see it for themselves in time. I wish you the best, hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Are you dfd or da,d and if not how were able to stop your kids from going to meeting ?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Thank you flipper.

Crazyguy - eventually I was so upset about my kids being indoctrinated that it lead to massive marital problems. We seperated. Soon after I returned home and my wife made the concession not to take the kids or try to indoctrinate them.

Also, at one point I turned up to the hall and made a big scene about it so they could see I was serious. Despite fading, I was still very respected among active witnesses.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Think of the indoctrination process that every "Witness" is/was subjected to.

I`m going back 20 or so years but I don`t think much has changed since then .

The book study , which I think has now been disbanded , however the principle would still apply to the family worship that is current.

You read the article , paragraph by paragraph , questions are asked about each paragraph and you answer what is in the paragraph and nothing else.

It is all about leading questions , and set answers to these leading questions , that are continually going on for 5 meetings a week as of 20 or so years ago.

5 meetings ? yes , 1. The book Study 2. The Ministry School 3.The service meeting.4 The Watchtower Study ,

and 5 The Public Talk , that in my experience of 33 years in the religion , no public ever attended.

smiddy

• carla
    carla

I have found it best not to discuss anything jw related at all, never. It keeps the peace. Thankfully your kids are not being indoctrinated!

It is difficult not discussing the craziness of jw-ism (I bite my tongue so often I am lucky I still have one) but after awhile they go to the meetings and most of the time they return to their more authentic self as soon as they are out of their jw clothes. They do get a bit weirder during convention/assembly weekends but that too wears off shortly. It is a strange dance indeed being married to a jw. From a psychological standpoint it is interesting to watch them switch it on and off, just wish I was studying it in a book and not from the front row in my own house.

As I have mentioned before, the house should be a neutral space and no jw literature lying about and in turn you do not leave apostate/pedophile news lying about. Works in my house.

• dozy
    dozy

I'm assuming your wife has been A JW for many years - has JW extended family - maybe even being "brought up in the truth" (yuk). Maybe I am being a bit stereotypical and somewhat sexist here but I think for most JW females in particular , it's basically a "social thing". They are so used to having friends and family around & the thought of leaving that is quite traumatic.

My wife was like that - she stayed for a few years after I stopped attending. She enjoyed her life & routine being a JW & didn't want to upset her parents. She had a lot of close friends that she had known since childhood. She admitted ( to me ) that many of the teachings she didn't believe in ( we never got blood cards for the kids , for example ).

It was only when there was a lot of trouble & "lack of love" in the congregation that totally punctured her bubble & she left , never to return. If it hadn't been for that , she admits that she probably would have just have continued indefinitely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit