A Beard Maverick

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Well, just like the experience of the brother in the latest WT who was discouraged from getting married but did it anyway because this restriction 'was unscriptural' and lost privileges as a result temporarily, JWs can grow beards and say they're following the example of the brother in the April 2017 WT.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Only in JW land can a beard be a big deal. It screams....cult, cult, cult!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Check out jwfacts.com

Paul has produced a great article and video (YouTube it) about the beard situation

• stillin
    stillin

I know a brother who splashed battery acid on his face and could not shave for a while. He has a very nice beard but he had no speaking assignments, prayer or other jobs to do until long after he had begun to shave again.

Having a burned face is rebellious!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ever since the wt study in November that mentioned beards, I've been growing my 'circle beard'. I'm no longer "serving" as an elder so no problems there. So far, I'm the only one in the congo growing facial hair beyond a mustache. I've received many compliments from rank and file brothers and sisters. My former fellow elders haven't really shown too much reaction and I haven't heard any rumblings. Several brothers who are "reaching out" have told me that they would really like to grow their beards out. I tell them to read the wt that we studied in November and let their conscience be their guide. The CO visits this week. I know him so I'll see what he has to say. I'd love to see a facial hair trend start!

just saying!

Circle Beard

Also known as the “standard” beard, the circle beard is a combination of mustache and rounded goatee beard styles. It looks tidy, thus, making it a good option for men who would like to look presentable without letting go of their beard.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I just wanted to add that

I was not allowed to work in accounts at the convention

I was still an MS as my beard trial was just beginning

And in the Congregation I was not allowed on the platform

for any reason

Including student talks

I might still be a little angry over this

:0)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Ha ha, tepidpoultry:

A gyro, that's what the flock is shepherded for! 😂

• NikL
    NikL

We've got a couple in my hall too.

We are also in semi rural area in the western USA.

I was talking with a friend last night and he related a story of when that beard article was considered in his congregation, a young brother actually spoke up during the study and said something to the effect, "I don't understand all the fuss about facial hair...it's just another fashion trend and there is nothing un-scriptural about it".

My friend didn't know if this guy was talked to after the meeting but i am thinking he was :-)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Laughably ironic is not in the realization that god created man with beards but somehow the men who run the Watchtower Publishing House say having a beard is being unrighteous.

Even Jesus says .. what ?, .... men who disrespect the father's creation will certainly be punished ?

• Londo111
    Londo111

It strikes me how much this is like bird watching.

Seeing a JW with a beard is like spotting a rare bird in the wild...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit