Not that I'm complaining but I'm wondering if something is up

by joe134cd 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I told my spouse if we want them to stay away we can't complain when they don't come by. They are doing what we want them to do...staying away. I just find it facinating that when they go from door to door they don't leave the invitation to the memorial. Why do you spend all that time, why not leave the invite. Makes zero sense.
  • steve2
    steve2

These guys are not like the paid clergy class. They usually hold down full time jobs (or part time and pioneer) and especially in bigger congregations (100 plus), have got so many demands on their time.

Yet, there is one way to get their attention: Rumors about "unscriptural" things you are doing in your private life. They will be on your doorstep in the blink of an eye.

Locally, a still-active sister was facing all kinds of physical health problems that limited her mobility and brothers and sisters knew she was facing upcoming surgery. Her adult JW children lived elsewhere. Due to her problems, meeting attendance was sporadic. But not one visit from elders, even the one assigned to her area of the city.

However, news got out that she may have formed a relationship with a male non-JW neighbor because he helped her take short walks around her neighborhood.

To make a long story short, the elders soon made unannounced visits and eventually three of them sprung an 'informal' meeting upon her on pne of the Sunday's she attended a meeting.

So, they completely ignored her during her long period of physical sickness but resumed contact with her when they heard through the JW grapevine that she was seen walking in public with a worldly man.

BTW, she was not in a "relationship" with this man. He was a kindly man who offered to help her get used to walking again.

What a sad reflection on the quality of tending the flock that prevails in the local congregation.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Who gets followed up on and how seriously they view it seems to depend upon the conscientiousness of the local BOE and congregation. Sounds like your local elders have always been indifferent to your situation.

• steve2
    steve2

Sounds like your local elders have always been indifferent to your situation.

Ouch! There's something Oscar Wildean in that statement:

"There's one thing worse than being pestered; it's being completely ignored."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit