Not that I'm complaining but I'm wondering if something is up

by joe134cd 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I have physically not attended a meeting in 3 years and knew TTATT for about 6-18 months before that. In that time I have only had 2 physical visit from the JWS. No return to jehovah brochure or memorial invite place under my door mat. Zip, nada nothing. I'm really beginning to wonder if all these stories of unwelcomed elders visits are true.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I cant see people making these stories up, the average body of elders in most congs are not what you say "models of efficiency" an ageing group stuck in a 1970's time warp struggling to embrace new technology, dwindling members of their congregations, constantly being scammed by HQ, lack of motivation, maybe they simply cant be bothered?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh the "sincere" visits happen. The Brochure gets left along with a note saying "we miss you etc.." BUT they ignore you in the street every other day!

So how sincere are those visits and "love" comments?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It depends on each individuals circumstances and how the local elders think and behave, and even then on to the CO and if he has told the to do this and forced their hand a bit.

When i quit i told one elder (who was my brothers father in law) that i wanted to be left alone when he suggested a visit or a chat in elder mode. That message worked because I knew he would make my feelings known to the rest of the elders and i was not bothered or hounded (apart from one every clumsy memorial invite by the cobe).

I am now in a different congs territory and apart from an early meet and greet over a year ago where i was frosty they have left me alone also. If they do try the memorial invite / return to the cult brochure in the next few days then i will make it very plain they are wasting their time and are only doing a tick box exercise.

Your old elders may know you enough to know it would be futile if they have even considered it. I hope that is the case with me at least.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is the overall zeal waning on what should be contrived as fraud religion ?

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Joe that is so unfair. I got chocolates & flowers along with my invite. Don't feel to bad though cause i didn't get a brochure.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is a funny feeling I have to admit, I really do not want them to call, because this time I am determined if they do, to tell 'em how it is. Which may then result in a strange phenomenon not often seen, Elder Action.

So I am pleased in a way that this year they seem to have given me a miss.

But at the same time I am peeved that they have not given me my opportunity to vent at 'em.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We've (wife & I) discussed the fact that we are glad we are not being hounded by the elders as some here complain. In 5 years, one knock on the door by 2 (sincere) elders hoping to "encourage" us. That was just a few months after we changed Congs and they were following up on why we had not been to meetings. Since then, nothing. No visits. No calls. Nothing from all of our great friends at the previous Cong we attended for years.

So, we feel fortunate that we are not being "stalked" or pressured to RTJ.

On the other hand, since they believe those who "leave The Troof" will be destroyed very soon at Armageddon, it's a rude awakening to discover that they really don't give a rats ass about you.

I FEEL THE LOVE!

Doc

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    We had 2 elders at our door yesterday, but we did not answer. They left a memorial tract in our mailbox.
  • Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    I got a call from one of the elders on my JC when I got DF'd back in April of 2015. He just said to please call him. I'm sure it was going to be an encouragement call and an invite. Funny thing is he knows where I live. Perhaps they've tried to stop when I wasn't home but they have no way to get into my building so..... Not going to call him back. Better to just leave sleeping (dead) dogs lie. I know TTATT and I'm done falling for the bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit