We can now donate by credit card in canada on jw.org

by hoser 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I wonder if I can donate a negative amount. And, if the gold and silver belong to joke-hova, that is a confession that this thing wants to strip us of our wealth and put it toward mass enslavement of the whole human race. Since I did the work to earn the money to buy my silver, joke-hova cannot have any of it.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And they will say that this is NOT begging or soliciting for money, but simply a response to requests by "the brothers" to make it easier to donate!!

But,seriously, by creating these means, they are GUILTING everyone into donating!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    jeeesus wept.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ***Proclaimers book (1993) jv chap. 21 p. 340 How Is It All Financed? ***As early as the second issue of the WatchTower,in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

Except Canada?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Russell at least saw the possibility of ending the religion he started.

Why don't the GB take the hint that the time is now to close its doors and re-distribute its assets?

It is after all like early Christianity, a completely failed doomsday cult.

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

At the Christian Life meeting, there was a blurb in the itinerary book for the "initial visit" to mention the "donation arrangement" (I think that was how it was worded). In the ladies role play, the "Witness" mentioned how the world wide work is funded solely by volunteer donations and informed the "householder" that she could make a donation too. The "householder" said she had no cash but was told a donation could me made through JW.org

• Half banana
    Half banana
    What a fine privilege it is to use our money wisely and instead of letting our families use it let us send it to the JW org to further the worldly ambitions of the governing body.
  • punkofnice
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@talesin,

You are deliberately taking a quote out of context!
    The full text clearly states that this previous position of not begging is more than a century old!
    Can't apply that to 2016!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit