We can now donate by credit card in canada on jw.org

by hoser 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser
    What a fine privelege to support Jehovah with our valuable things.
  • talesin
    talesin

Holy jumpin's! I was planning on giving my MC a workout at the mall, but this, this is like, Memorial time. Truly, we are privileged to support Jehovah's loving arrangement.

; P

• littlerockguy
  • talesin
  • hoser
    hoser
    I wonder if a person donates one cent at a time it will cost them money.
  • fulano
    fulano
    What about pay-pal? Do they accept that?
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    well somebody has to pay for the legal costs that the borg are having in the uk with the uk charity comission because the borg dont want the charity comission to have a look about their safe guarding procedurs or lack of them
  • talesin
    talesin
    I wonder if a person donates one cent at a time it will cost them money.

As a merchant, the credit card companies kept a percentage off the top, based on volume of sales (eg. 3% for <$25K, and 2% for >$25K but <$100K). I know religions pay business service fees for bank accounts and telephone bills, so I would think it works the same way with paying the credit card companies for their services. They are, after all, bank cards, and not government-run, interest-free handouts like zero taxes.

• Simon
    Simon

Most / many credit card processing is a mix of per-transaction fee plus a percentage of the transaction values (e.g. 0.20c + 2.5%).

While it makes little sense to sell below a certain value it rarely comes up online because there is postage involved for even small items and it makes no sense to sell digital goods like that (you sell points instead of micro-transactions to offset the processing costs).

A larger retailer or the WTS could just eat that though - better to have someone "willing to buy" in order to make money off them in future than put them off. The number of low value transactions is likely incredibly low and easily offset by the other money they get coming in.

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    And I thought Jehovah said "the silver is mine and the gold is mine"? I guess the credit cards aren't and we have to hand that over ourselves 😑

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit