Off On A Trip - But Little Enthusiam

by Joe Grundy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

dear Joe Grundy,

I'm terribly jealous. If this is a venal sin, I'm jealous enough to be in BIG trouble. I hope you have a wonderful trip and delightful companionship along the way.

My son wants a new game called Carcassone(sp?) and they are out of them all over Houston, so the place caught my eye. He is absolutely fascinated with France. In two years when he is 18, you should check with me because he is totally fascinated with France (it all started when he became interested in Joan of Arc-historically, not religiously, no worries) He would be a great travel companion. I'll take him myself if I can afford it. He has travelled to Italy (prefers Florence thought he feels like he should like Rome better since it has such an intense amount of history attached. But he loved Florence in his heart, and that trumped historical stuff)

Can you send us some pics to show him? I'd be ever so appreciative! Thank you.

M.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

OK, just spoke to the friend I'm visiting in Andorra. Made plans to drink some beers, etc., so I'm revitalised.

My offer is still open, though. A crossing through to Dieppe and back, a ride down to the Pyrenees and back, at no cost. I'm going anyway, so may as well offer up my spare seats.

Leave Newhaven 2330 23/8/16. Return from Dieppe 1800 8/9/16.

I'm from West Wales, so no problem in collection on the way.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Anyone interested - PM would seem the way to go.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Oops, I meant to like your generous offer and apparently hit dislike. My bad. Who could dislike such a cool opportunity.
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

JWdaughter:

I love 'trundling through' the Cathar region - Albi and environs. I'll do my best with photos (but am not so good with this) .

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

dubstepped:

Thanks. The way I look at it, I'm going over anyway, travelling on my own and I have three spare seats which are unoccupied.

Maybe someone fancies/needs a trip - and because I'm travelling from West Wales I can pick up/drop anywhere along that corridor in UK, and drop off/pick almost anywhere in France (I'll be going over into Belgium for a tobacco shop) and because my time is my own I'm very flexible - it just seems to me the right thing to do to offer the spare seats to anyone interested.

We shall see.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Joe Grundy, that's a breathtakingly generous offer. I hope you find a delightful traveling companion or two. And who knows? This trip could create wonderful memories and lifelong friendships. I believe joy, like love, is multiplied when it's shared. Good karma is headed your way, I'm sure.

My hat's off to you, Sir. Safe travels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit