PAINTING THEMSELVES INTO A CORNER or WHY was the "GENERATION" teaching started in the 1st place?

by Terry 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Zeb: Spiritual guidance? feed the hungry, house the poor, shelter the orphans; do unto each other as ye would have them do unto you....................... and stop forever the practise of making fool predictions!

The form of worship that is pure and undefiled. . .

So foreign to JW mindset.

They have no heart for human beings only invisible rulers and locksetp marching to rules.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton
    Terry great post. You are very eloquent.
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle
    Great references Terry, very easy to follow.
  • Terry
    Terry

Thank you. Every once and awhile I get the same feeling we all get

when we see boxes on the top shelf of the closet. The urge to reach up and hoist them off those dusty shelves and lift the lid comes over us.

Of course, it's always stuff we've seen before, but as we age our perspective on same-old-thing changes and a fresh sense of how it all fits into the bigger puzzle seems more nearly possible.

Each time I tread these waters I learn something.

________

The transitions in Russell's life fascinate me. Why? Because he seems like a person who never had any fun. Such a serious face without a smile to be found! I'd guess it was the loss of his doting mother when he was so young. I don't have a feeling for his dad's personality at all.

Was he all business? Was he a fun companion? Did he just go along with anything his son wanted to do? It is all fuzzy how a young man ended up convincing his father to sell the business and invest in End of the World speculation!

Here's another puzzle.

Who was C.T. Russell's best friend? I don't know--do you?

Did he and his friend play jokes on each other? Did they ever get drunk?

Was he always a Nerd? How did he manage to talk a beautiful woman such as Maria into a loveless marriage?

Was it really only a business venture with security for her and a platform for her writing? Did they ever cross the line into passion?

I think--I mean, I guess perhaps these two were really uptight and closed off to carnal expressions. Either that or the marriage was a false pretense on the part of Charlie. Perhaps he will always remain an enigma.

With Joe Rutherford, I think I have a really strong idea of what kind of man he was. His father was a stone cold, hard-nosed farmer. Joe had to work very very hard from the time he was a small boy. But this kid had a burning ambition to be much more than a clone. He wanted to become a lawyer and he put everything he had into achieving that goal. Working, going to school and long hours spent studying demonstrate a driven Type A personality.

This man was cunning and strategic and it paid off for him.
    He strikes me as the sort of person a Mob boss would love to hire to handle accounts.

He was ruthless, too. If you got in the way of The Judge, you paid the price. Plotting out his life story is like looking at Bugsy Malone or Al Capone. It seems the only thing that could stop the man was rectal cancer. Just imagine the pain and agony connected to a long slow death of that nature! I almost feel sorry for him as a human being.

I said, "Almost."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Russell appears to me as a subjective victim of his own ignorance of what he came across, if it wasn't Pyramidolgy it was other Adventist bible teachers who most likely themselves were influenced from other Dispensational Era Evangelical teachers. ie. William Miller

One must keep in mind that this was a time when evolution and much of the present sciences wasn't yet known or popularize through educational means. Most people didn't even have what we would consider a high school education, more like middle school grading ie. 7 or 8 only the very rich would have something like a high school education or Collage degree at that time. So the bible then was seen more so as a book of knowledge, wisdom and respected as such.

Rutherford was a guy who saw something that he personally desired himself and that was power, control and money which the WTS .had in place thanks to Russell's endeavors, the rest is history.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ray Franz definitely called it when he wrote, "they've made their (1914) bed, and seem determined to sleep in it" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

x

It's a good thing that - according to Lett - there's now more evidence for 1914 than gravity, electricity, and wind...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's a good thing that - according to Lett - there's now more evidence for 1914 than gravity, electricity, and wind...

Did he really say that ?

• sparky1
    sparky1

Actually he said that 'there is more evidence for the kingdom, than there is for gravity, electricity and wind'. But the point Vidiot made is basically the same. Take a look, Fink.

https://youtu.be/zJ6405yjZfo

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What a stupidly contrived analogy, Gravity, Wind and Electricity have practical psychical evidence in their acknowledged presence.

There's isn't any thing to support what Lett says about Jesus Kingdom in operation other than the WTS lied and pretentiously made itself (1919) into god's chosen organization, when reality it was founded upon misinformation and inaccurate bible interpretations, devised to create corrupt religoius charlatanism by a select publishing house..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback WT - "...the WTS lied and pretentiously made itself (1919) into god's chosen organization, when reality it was founded upon misinformation and inaccurate bible interpretations, devised to create corrupt religoius charlatanism by a select publishing house..."

And has to continue doing so, otherwise - by its own stipulations - it is technically a "false religion" and therefore has no justification to exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit