How can you tell someone they have bad breath without offending?

by James Mixon 29 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

RubaDub: I didn't fancy getting punched in nose, he's a big guy.

• minimus
    minimus

I used to give breath mints to our old presiding overseer and he would thank me and put it in his pocket and talk directly in my facešŸ˜¢

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Start by asking if you can tell him something because you are concerned about him if he agrees make him promise not to be offended.

Bad breath can actually be a sign of tooth decay or an illness like GERD for eg. Strangely, I had a friend who very bad breath for years they became vegetarian and it completely vanished.

Either way just tell him true friends tell true friends the truth.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    How can you tell someone they have bad breath without offending?

Offend them. They are offending you with their smell. Adults should know better.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JAMES MIXON:

You did what you had to do and sorry this guy is offended. Everybody has bad breath sometimes and thatā€™s why I carry gum and mints. If I think Iā€™m going to be in close proximity to people talking, I pop a mint.

You say heā€™s single? If he wants to meet anybody he better improve his oral (and general) hygiene. I remember being totally revolted by brothers who had this problem. They seemed so backwards to me...If they thought they were a ā€œprizeā€, let some other sister have them.

• scary21
    scary21

please ,where do you get this breathilizer. ?

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Back in the day our p.o. named James White had the most horrific breath. My eyes would literally tear up. At bookstudy everyone would leave first 2 rows empty and if you came late u had to deal with that shit. It was nauseating.

One day I just asked him if he knows his breath was so bad because I couldn't take it. He said he didn't know and he thanked me for telling him.

He never did anything about it... but he was thankful I told him

• minimus
    minimus

Lol funny story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit