The Kingdom Message

by truth doubter 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo
    So far, after more than 100 years of "preaching the good news" they have only convinced 1 of 1,000 persons on earth to follow them.

Yes, other groups without "divine backing" have done much better. Pentecostals, for instance, started in 1906? and now have 200+ million members worldwide.

• sparky1
    sparky1
    I wouldn't get too worried about doing the preaching work anymore. Find an unbound copy of The Watchtower from January 1, 1989. It contains the following quote: "He (Paul) was also laying a foundation for a work (the preaching work) that would be completed in our 20th century." - pg 12 paragraph 8. By their own words, you are off the hook!
  • steve2
    steve2

truth doubter wrote:

So, although there are a million reasons to become inactive, how can our conscience allow us not to become active in the work described at Matt. 24:14?

Out of genuine interest, could you elaborate and share with us what specific reasons come to your mind "to become inactive"?

Thanks. Steve

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    So, although there are a million reasons to become inactive, how can our conscience allow us not to become active in the work described at Matt. 24:14? I know there are many possibilities.

I understood the preaching we were engaged in related to Revelation 14:7. Good news and a judgment message.

The Watchtower March 15 1970.Pg. 174
    The present-day “good News” concerning God's kingdom is that it has been established in heaven in this very generation; yes, that Jesus Christ has been enthroned there and is ruling in the midst of his enemies. This means that Satan the Devil has been cast from heaven to the vicinity of the earth, and that he will soon be abyssed and his entire wicked system of things destroyed. What good news.

So when I felt I was no longer convinced of this my conscience would not allow me to join as a witness in preaching it.

• Alive!
    Alive!

When it dawned on me, that my 'activity' in preaching the WT good news involved distributing literature that was dishonest in using quotes, presented scriptural interpretation NOT as a gentle nudge to think and search for God, but as absolute truth which if rejected, would be considered rejection of Jehovah.

And the interpretations were not true, were misleading and have changed.

It's one thing to publish and lay out 'thoughts' for consideration, it's another thing to condemn people to be 'rejecting God' because they didn't accept books telling of angelic trumpet blasts representing obscure conventions in some corner of America.

How rude. Beyond rude.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Truth doubter I was a pioneer, I had many Bible studies, I believed the Bible was God’s word and that the JW org was the channel which God was using.

Then I thought: where is the evidence that this stuff is true? None of it can be proved!

It’s all propaganda...the Bible is just human in origin I realized, man is hundreds of thousands of years old, Adam and Eve and the flood are obviously myth, there is no concrete evidence that Jesus ever existed, Jehovah began life as an ox-headed idol, religion is all spin, Jehovah’s Witnesses have never got anything of use correct, the JW org is a self interested and lying cult which keeps its followers in ignorance and in a state of humiliating dependency.

I still go out in the field service... but only in my nightmares.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit