King of The North: circular news top?

by Gorbatchov 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Friends,

With the circular speading of my satire tread about the annual meeting on many different ways, even informal across the jw organization, i'm pretty sure that the news about Russia (new King of The North) is not real.

There was a moment I thought that it was a coïncidence that incoming messages mentioned it also.

Now I suppose it started all with my OP, went trending through the organization (even through Bethel Belgium) and became a story on it's own.

This is not realy my style and i'm not proud of it.

G.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

That news is true. Nothing to do with your post. It’s confirmed in the new Ezekiel book.

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher

What page in the book? I'm having trouble finding it

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@AverageJoe: please state page number or provide a quote.

The book does not mention 'Russia' even once. 'Soviet' in mentioned once but only in the context of WWII.

'King of the North' is mentioned 8 times but he is not identified.

The book suggest that the attack of the King of the North is the same as the attack of Gog of Magog and the attack of the Assyrians though.

So as far as I can see the book doesn't say Russia is King of the North at all...

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Check this thread:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6482979355361280/what-watchtowers-position-on-identity-king-north

Consensus seems to be that Russia is not named in the new publication.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Some say it was announced at the AGM though.

My PIMI NIECE AND HER husband attended the AGM and it was made OFFICIAL -Russia is now the king of the North because they have been taking the lead in persecuting "God's people"- those poor Russians everyone has it in for them lately!!!..

https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/9mcgja/its_official_russia_king_of_the_north/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ%3D%3D

• cofty
    cofty

Nothing unusual about individuals going off-script at the AGM.

If it isn't in print, it isn't so.

It’s confirmed in the new Ezekiel book - Average Joe

The 'king-of-the-north is part of Daniel's ravings, not Ezekiel's.

• John Free
    John Free
    The 'king-of-the-north is part of Daniel's ravings, not Ezekiel's.

Yes but the borg is claiming that the king of the north is the same thing as Ezekiel’s gog of Magog..if I read it right..

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/pure-worship/survives/identity-gog-of-magog/

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Thanks Cofty. Both bat crap ramblings so easy to get mixed up! Sorry.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

My father in law (current elder) called my spouse all the way from Oz on Saturday to tell him the news. He has a relative in Bethel that spilled the beans to him about Russia being King of the North. (was told to not reveal news to anyone). One thing JW's are good at is spreading rumors and gossiping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit