Key to some universal truths—Queen Jezebel has it!

by venus 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Onager
    Onager

1) Everyone is endowed with the knowledge of good and bad, which makes God’s communication with humans unnecessary.

Very true. Do you think the Hebrews arriving at Mount Sinai just suddenly realised they'd been doing things wrong?

"Dude, I've been totally coveting your ass. My bad."

"No worries dude, I've been dishonouring my father for, like, AGES man! I'm, like, totally bad too dude."

• venus
    venus

Onager,

Behind the details, my point is that God is not using any medium--oral or written, humans or divine. Religions and scriptures are humans questions and human answers.

• venus
    venus

Onager,

Behind the details, my point is that God is not using any medium--oral or written, humans or divine. Religions and scriptures are humans questions and human answers.

• Onager
    Onager

"Religions and scriptures are humans questions and human answers."

I agree completely. I just disagree with the God existing bit.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Venus,

Are you a Deist ? Just curious.

• venus
    venus

EverApostate

Just because I wrote I believe in God doesn’t mean I belong to any organization. Being born into a mixed family (Dad is a Jew, mom Christian), I had the freedom to choose religion, but I didn't. My dad is into hotel business. Each time he starts a new hotel, I know how much planning he does into it. So is the case with my mom who works as civil engineer for Bechtel Corp. Nothing happens without planning—a fact that sowed in me seeds of belief in God whom religions have only misrepresented, which in turn gave birth to atheists.

• Onager
    Onager

EH?!

So your dad plans before opening a hotel, therefore God exists?

Are any of your dad's hotels like "Hotel Earth" where guests randomly get killed by a wide variety of means?

Do your dad's hotels have water you can drink and water that makes your bowels explode?

The point is, the Earth doesn't show any signs of being planned. The whole universe shows no signs of being planned. There are stars exploding all over the place, whole galaxies crashing into each other, asteroids whizzing about. It's complete chaos.

Religions give rise to atheists only in specific cases. The Mormons put forward their idea of God, the atheist disproves and therefore doesn't believe in that god and so on. But everyone is born an atheist. Atheism is the baseline. It's only from there that people learn about Gods and religions. That's why if you're born in America you'll most likely be a Christian. If you're born in Pakistan you'll be a Muslim.

If humans started off with knowledge of God then there would either only be one religion or the religions would be evenly mixed across the globe.

• venus
    venus

Yes Onager,

Yes, lot of planning is required to make hotel inhabitable

And lot more planning is required to make earth inhabitable

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Everyone is endowed with the knowledge of good and bad, which makes God’s communication with humans unnecessary.

Actually it makes God unnecessary.

A God that is totally aloof, non-intervening and non-communicating may as well not exist.

If we are inherently capable of deciding what is good or bad for ourselves, God becomes irrelevant, unnecessary.

By your own reasoning, the Bible was not required in the first place either. No communication by scripture or any other means was necessary, using your own argument.

You've sawn off the branch you were sitting on.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

May I just comment that this is all based on a verse with the NWT translation 'good for nothing'.....

If read in Hebrew a better text would be the KJV (son of Beliel) or JPS (scoundrel)

She was saying these men were bad as far as business.....hitmen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit