Last nights CLAM meeting

by dbq407 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dbq407
    dbq407

So hadn't been to a CLAM meeting in quite a few months, but went last night. So we learned that gog of magog is not Satan as previously believed. They used a few scriptures that made it clear that it couldn't be Satan and that it would be a coalition of nations. I was a little confused that if these scriptures were so clear then how'd they screw that up in the first place.

Then we watched a bunker video and had a discussion. The conductor called the police storming into the room "storm troopers" as did a few people who commented. I was a little confused by this also. Is that a common thing they are called in other halls? All i could think of was Star Wars.

Also had another talk on the 3 things needed to survive into the new world.........1. need to preach. 2. need to be baptized. 3. need to be at meetings. All of these were stressed as things that needed to be done in order to be saved.

After meeting overheard someone saying how good the bunker video was and how much it scared her and how real it was. So obviously the scare tactics are working on some like the WT intended.

What'd you gather from the CLAM?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow...that sounds like extremist behaviour!

It also smacks of desperation. These fear tactics may be ok for adults, but what does it do to CHILDREN who are subjected to such garbage??

• waton
    waton

There was no assuring of salvation, ensuring of protection in that meeting, the video should not have been watched by children, wt is abusive, empty, floundering in their doctrinal mire, Gog? google it.

• stillin
    stillin

It's embarrassing to be there lately. Why a bunker if the Most High God In All The Universe is protecting you?

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I found it a bit confusing, with the whole Gog of Magog. And I agree on the bunker videos, they definitely work

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    lso had another talk on the 3 things needed to survive into the new world.........1. need to preach. 2. need to be baptized. 3. need to be at meetings. All of these were stressed as things that needed to be done in order to be saved.

It works, at first anyway. It's one of those things that quickly loses its impact the more it is used/abused, it's the boy who cried wolf syndrome. I lived through the 1975 hysteria, it was hard after that to ever be as frightened or as easily manipulated.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good point stillin. When I was growing up in the cult they made it seem as though you wouldn't be hiding and when they did come for you that's when all hell breaks loose on the bad guys.

This hding in a basement is total fear mongering!

• Listener
    Listener

Their mandate to get rid of the types/antitypes teaching unless clearly indicated in scripture is not being practiced unless it is of benefit to the organization.

• smiddy
    smiddy

we learned that gog of magog is not Satan as previously believed. They used a few scriptures that made it clear that it couldn't be Satan and that it would be a coalition of nations.

It took the ruling King Jesus Christ 103 years to make that plain to the Governing body ?

He should be sacked by Jehovah. as incompetent

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good grief they are still talking and showing about the "bunker" video? I thought they had quietly dropped it because of the stupidity and ridiculousness of it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit