Transgender sues - because they were ALLOWED to change sex!!!

by The Fall Guy 18 Replies latest social current

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Half-banana,

My post may have seemed a little cynical, and it is, but I also wanted to add that I try to respect all people regardless of race, gender identity, or whatever.

I also understand that gender is a spectrum and some people may genuinely feel like they are born into the wrong body, which would create a lot of anxiety for them. If someone feels they are a man , woman or neither, I am willing to accept their decision.

The line I baulk at crossing is accepting the made up pronouns. I don't really have a problem with his, hers or they because it can describe everyone.

Made up pronouns smack of narcissism to me. Someone is trying to tell me that their human experience transcends the normal life most of us have, and therefore, they cant possibly be classified with the rest of us and must be referred to by using exalted pronouns. I can imagine extremely creative types reinventing themselves once in a while and changing their pronouns to suit.

Loveuni mentioned that this has forced compelled speech. People are forced to accept that someone is a man, for example, when everything their brain and life experience is telling them is the opposite. You are being forced to reject your own perception of the world.

On the subject of prison, this is causing real problems because a male sex offender simply has to say, 'I identify as a woman, and I feel I should be put into a female prison', and they have to be taken seriously.

The whole pronoun debate has only really kicked off over the last few years, so a lot of people may not have had to deal with it, but it definitely has the potential to cause some real problems. As someone wise once said, 'this is what happens when you don't have to chop your own firewood'.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Gender is not a spectrum. XX of XY

Personalities do have a spectrum csusing busy bodies to interfere because they dont like the choices made

• Simon
    Simon

Q: If I act overly sensitive and someone says "what are you, like a girl?!" would I be allowed to sue them?

Of course not ... right?

Now, what if I claim I am in fact a girl (not that I really am, I just "identify" as one) and they say it ... does it suddenly become a hate crime? What if I was actually a girl and now claim to be a man? But then if a real man couldn't sue then surely if a trans can, it's because they are not really a man. Or else how is it a hate crime?

That's how fucking stupid this shit is.

There are only two genders but an infinite variety of mental.

• joey jojo
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Gender dysphoria is not necessarily a mental condition, it can be physical. To be a mosaic or intergrade between the sexes is not something anyone would likely choose for themselves - you're confusing transgender people with intersex people, I think.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here's an interesting video on this very issue by Sargon of Akkad ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwL43_wjHcE

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Joey Jo Jo

That kid in the MTV video misunderstands respect and its place in society.

Respect is earned, not demanded.

Transgender people, like cisgender people, have to earn my respect.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ah. Trendies smelling free money.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Loveuni,

Totally agree. Once again, it's the compelled speech that I personally dislike the most. We are being forced down a road of thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit