Russian Ban upheld - JWs lose appeal

by OrphanCrow 62 Replies latest jw friends

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The Russian branch from the sky and Good bye St.Petersburg beach.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And from The Moscow Times, an interior shot:

The history of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, illustrated in the museum of the Russian administrative center of Jehovah's Witnesses based in the town of Solnechnoye

And elsewhere in Russia, on July 17 - the same day of the JW appeal - 60,000 Russians formed a 4 hour procession to march in memory of the murdered Tsar and his family (most Russians have other things on their mind):

And the Russian JW who spoke in court had the nerve to compare the JWs' plight to the Orthodox Church in 1918. What an ignorant and myopic view on the part of the JWs - tunnel vision. All about them.

*sorry about the quote box...can't seem to fix it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what if they would find out that I sign a petition to end fluoridation in the water? They would have a mighty cow that I am trying to improve the world. Yet, they can flood governments to lift a ban on the jokehovian witlesses?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

A 7.4 earthquake is the only time literature will ever fly off the cart shelves

• Splash
    Splash
    Fisherman Coincidence: 7 earthquakes 7.4 in Russia today.

You have nicely adopted the crafty WT way of suggesting things without having the courage to own what you say.

This is just like Fred Franz and his 1975 convention speech "We know what to expect.... but we're not saying" rubbish, or the KM "Could this be the last memorial? We don't know" nonsense.

If you had any faith that what you imply is true then you would say "Jehovah has now caused earthquakes in Russia as retribution", but you know that's just absurd and ridiculous. Instead you try a Satanic "Is it really so..."

Your post is pointless and gutless. Your stupid insinuations don't work on people who can think for themselves.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm glad the Russian ban has been upheld.

The WTS has won so many legal cases, it now needs to accept defeat in Russia.

Putin's one serious asshole. I'd buy him a vodka.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

I think this ban is totally on the purposes of thhe russian orthodox church, it hurts the religion freedom of the people from there when they are not free to talk about what they believe.

on the other hand I think the government shutting down the offices of the WT in Russia isnt a bad thing, anyway. For me shutting down the branches affects the GB much more directly than attacking the individual JWs. When the individuals suffer, the community gets united.

my disappointmemt was mainly because there were some brothers in Eritreia that were more than 20 years in jail because they refused to hold a gun to kill, an action worthy of praise. In this case the GB always told the JW to pray for these brothers.

well when Russia attacked the branch, the website, the publications, they lost their minds, ignated a shameful letter campaign which drove close to political involvement, (after that the GB sent a letter to all congregations partially blaming them for the failure of the campaign), and had no shame to study their past court victories and say it was God blessing them while said that the most recent lost was persecution ans God would still show his power.

I just wished they made the same efforts for the Jw in Eritreia and took that brothers out of Jail.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Ray, do you have a link to that letter the GB sent?

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

No, I dont. I actually heard the reading of this letter at the meetinf, like two weeks after the ban.

the main thing was that the community of witnesses here in Brazil went to the utmost nonsense and they started to put dozens of letters in only one big package and send it to the embassador.

I told my elders that I didnt think it was it the GB meant, since for me it was clear the GB wanted NUMBERS. They wanted to show the world "see how many people care about us". Incredibly, most of the witnesses in here believed that the embassador, or even Putin was going to actually read the letters. You can see by that the intelectual level of the Group. Also some publishers went overexcited about the campaign and posted part or full letters on the internet and some of them made memes about the campaign.

well, in the letter they talked about how sad was the ban on russia, firstly thanked all support by letters but THEN started to talk about how the 'instructions' from the GB should br followed strictly. The letter mentioned specifically the confusion about sending a pack of letters, posting on internet and the memes.

it could be taken as something normal, but if you notice that they said three or four sentences to thank the brothers and sisters and a long explanation about how they had screwed up, you can see clearly what was the thought on the GB's heads.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    witnesses here in Brazil went to the utmost nonsense and they started to put dozens of letters in only one big package and send it to the embassador.

What a colossal waste of time. And by the way, what happened to the power of prayer? In other words, why write any letters? Or better, why have this fight in court? Certainly if the 7 old farts had gotten together in a room and dialed up the red phone to Jellohoba, i'm pretty sure god would have quickly helped them. No?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit