any Near death experiences any one can relate

by baker 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkgj5J91hE

This is as close as it gets to the other side...

• KateWild
    KateWild

I call spam on this.......it a 98 min long promotional video for a book.....but have only watched a few minutes.

Kate xx

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Thanks Kate, I was going to check it out. Good call. That would have been 98 mins. of my life I wouldn't have gotten back.
  • talesin
    talesin

I've read about this guy and watched a vid (not sure if it's this one). I do think he's sincere in what he felt / experienced. But he's a neuro-surgeon, and should be aware of the brain's capability to imagine all sorts of things, based on what's in our subconscious thoughts.

A big deal has been made of the fact that he's a neuro-surgeon, but still no proof of anything.

I had an experience, bleeding (lol, can't spell hemmoraghing - see?) , and a friend who actually died from anaphylaxis and they brought him back. There's no light, nothing - just gone, then back.

If you're interested in the subject, this is one more anecdotal account of one man's near-death experience. Just ignore his profession (ie, it doesn't validate his personal 'reality' any more than the widow in Poughkeepsie). xx tal

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have read a bit about this guys experience, what made it compelling for me was that as a neurosureon he knew the parts of his brain where stuff was being generated were not technically functioning at the time of his experience.

I thnk he is genuine in his belief of what happened to him. His interpretation of the experience, well that's his to interpret I spose.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    What exactly did he experience?
  • Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Near Death Experiences - My rational take on it (and not my own thought here but this is based on what I know and have read, so somewhat of a rehashing of already known facts):

DMT - Dimethyltryptamine

This substance is produced by the human pineal gland in the brain. It's what makes you dream, and at death the pineal gland releases all of it's DMT. This causes you to have very intense very real (after all, what is real? Real is simply our brain processing information coming in from our 5 senses right? That is as real as things can get for a human) visions which seem like reality. Just as a very intense realistic dream may be very hard to forget once you awaken from. It may seem "real" but it's simply a process of the brain and DMT.

So, when a person get's very close to death as in a NDE the pineal gland does it's natural function of expelling all it's DMT and a NDE happens. It seems as real as real can be for a human and thus when the person is "brought back" to life he/she remembers this vision and attributes reality to it, viewing it as "real" as in, "This is the truth! This is what happens at death! I have experienced it!" etc......

These NDE are all different. If you look at them all, explore them, you will find they vary greatly. IF they were reality would they not all be the same? The world around us is the same for everyone. We breath air, we eat food, we walk on the ground, etc.... it's in this way I'm speaking of it all being the "same". NDE are very different for the different people who construct them. No basis in reality, simply a function of DMT and their own individual brains.

In short, NDE are nothing more than a very real feeling complex dream caused by the release of DMT at the time of death.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

There are many aspects of Near Death Experiences that you can't explain neurologically and that have a metaphysical aspect.

How can you explain why a person who is clinically dead with no brain function can later tell things in detail that happened in the operation room or in any other places where he/she didn't have any access to?

Why do individuals who are blind since birth see clearly in Near Death Experiences?

There are many Near Death Experiences of young children which have the same characteristics than those of adults. Are they inventing it?

Every day there are people experiencing this. On the website www.nderf.org there are thousands of Near death experiences recorded of people of all kind of background and religion.

It was said Near Death Experiences are all different. Of course they are different, because they are made by individuals. However most if them have the same characteristics: Being outside of the body, going through a tunnel, a life review, not being able or allowed to cross a border, being with deceased loved ones, feeling unconditional love, being with god, being one with all life and the universe.

Many of those that experience it, tell of a life changing event and they remember it clearly for their whole life as something real, whereas a dream gets blurry.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

SORRY! No one can!!!! When someone dies - the can't be revived! The fact that they did NOT die - means the did NOT die! Because your heart stops, or your vitals drop to 0 is NOT death. Death is more complex than just that. Those are not the FINAL signs of death. When an organism is dead, nothing can change that, not even the great dog Jeehooberr.

And by the way, the aspects of these Not Dead Experiences can all be explained!

Read books by -The Tell-Tale Brain or Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind by Vilayanur S. Ramachandran

There is NO need for SUPERNATURAL occurrences to explain them.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

https://iands.org/nde-stories/iands-nde-accounts.html

This is an interesting site Baker with hundreds of NDEs. I started researching it when to my surprise I found a book about it in a second-hand bookshop after we Da'ed. I still don't believe in God or anything supernatural but I don't like to ignore any evidence even if it doesn't fit. That would be confirmation bias. Look for evidence that they saw or heard real-world events during the experience that can be confirmed afterwards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit